pipe help!!

andytb

im in the middle of putting my starter motor back on and ive found one of the pipes on the back of the engine has come of it goes onto a 90degree pipe above the gearbox near the oil filter the pipe goes upwards to the throttle bodies the pipes about the width of your little finger not sure where it goes to ! ive looked throught the photo gallery but cant find any clues ,ive also had a good feel around as the engine is still in the car! but still havnt found the bit where the pipe goes onto if someone could shed some light on this id appreciate it !

thanks!

rossdj1983

its really tight round the back, i had trouble puttingall the pipes on when i had the motor out. what size is it? and whats it for- water?

andytb

hi its not for water i reckon it could be a breather pipe ? its about 12-14" long and about 10mm wide with a bend on it at one end (underneath the throttle body )and you cant see it from the top of the engine . ive been looking at more pics and i may have found where it goes to ? thanks fo the replys!

andytb

pipe

yes i think it may be a gearbox breather not sure where it goes to after its on the gear box !

lots of new parts going on matty !!
ill be buisy over xmas!

MarkTurbo

andytb said:
yes i think it may be a gearbox breather not sure where it goes to after its on the gear box !
It dosent go anywhere, thats the whole point of a breather ;-) :lol:

andytb

pipe

great !! im happy with that , theres a clip for it to hook onto on the back of the a-frame is that right?

THANKS

MarkTurbo

Probably, i binned all those brackets so mine is just wedged in between a couple of the other half a million pipes and wires that are behind the engine :lol:

andytb

pipe

i was surprised with the amount of pipes and wires and brackets tucked away around the back there first tme ive worked on that part of the engine ,starter removal and fitting wasnt so bad!
thanks again for the replies much appreciated !