Pillow ball mounts

A

another sunny

I have just got a pair of cusco pillow ball mounts, will the ride height be altered by fitting these ? if so has any one got a c spanner for tien coilovers as i didnt get one with my car?

youngsyp

Hi mate,

The ride height could be affected but, not by much. If anything, I think it would drop it on a car with coilovers and OE top mounts as, it raised it a smidge on my car with OE dampers and lowering springs and the Cusco top mounts.

Give Tein UK a call as, they can supply 'C' spanners.

I just had a thought actually, when do you plan to fit these ? I only ask as, I think I may have the box still, with instructions etc.. at my parents place. I'll be going over there in a week or two so, am more than happy to pick it up and mail it down to you. It's up to you bud !

Hope you're happy with them anyway.

Cheers

Paul

dobby

Before you go buy a c spanner just remember that with the car jacked up you can turn the springs by hand. It is very simple. use a screwdriver and a hammer to lock unlock the lower ring.
thats how i did it and i bet i managed to do it faster than anyone with a c spanner.

A

another sunny

Thanks all.. i am planning to fit them on friday, if the common thinking is the ride height wont be affected then i will just give it a go. I will let you know how it goes!

youngsyp

warringtonjack said:
I always thought cusco topmounts didnt alter the ride hight much, especially not compared to the Teins. :s
They don't as much as the Teins but, still do a bit. Of course, this is on OE strutts. For this type of fitment, they use a cone shape spacer. With the coilover strutts, I don't think this is used ?!