Piggy Back ECU??????? £10!?!?!?!?!?!?!

S

str_motorsport

don't believe them..it will eestroy your engine!!
and the gti-r hasn't an air temp sensor.....

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Used something very similar on my wifes turbo diesel Ibiza. Took it from 130bhp to around 150bhp by overfueling the engine.

This is because VW engines are known to run very lean for emissions and economy. The little black box makes the car quite smokey when you bot it.

The Gti-R does not run lean though, quite though opposite. Complete waste of money for the R.

The reason why its only £10, its just a 20p resistor in a plastic box.

JIMMYBACK

it not cheap to mod an r..................keep that statement in your mind then there will be not confusion.....ok :D

warringtonjack

lol, i dont think something that costs a tenner off ebay will do me much good! :lol:

I dont even like bleed valves!! :roll:

ki_saj_ng

How does it work?

It will modify any standard ECU by telling the ECU that the incoming air in the intake system is cold and so advances the ignition to compensate producing more power. In many cases fuel economy is increased too. Power is increased by up to 15BHP and torque is increased significantly.
It will be more responsive and you WILL LIKE IT.

it "tells" the ecu that the air is cold and advances the timing, isnt there a risk of blowing up ur engine?

sypher

gotta ask youself how much will it advance my timing by as we know the GTiR SR20DET has an adjustable distributor, so i suppose you could just advance the dizzy by a couple of degrees and it will do the same as fooling it into advancing the timing, as STR_M says i'm unsure as to whether there is an air temp sensor.

one other thing we all know what over advanced timing causes!!!!

geoff pine

:( just dont do it how much does it cost to get just 10 bhp from acar like a gtir houndreds of pounds slap you self in the face and wake up m8 it must end in heart ach :cry: