pictures of the rear strut brace

A

Ash

Sirnixalot, do you know what brand your brace is? as I have the same one fitted to my car.
mine has that Nissan sticker on it too, but it has been peeled off and stuck on the thin edge of the brace, so I wasn't sure if it came with it or someone had added it later.

Yours is the only other one I've seen that is the same, and having the same Nissan sticker on it, I assume its a Nissan item ??

Ash

Tony

I`ve got that one aswel, its a nissan optional extra, i`ve got the passenger foot plate and driver footrest aswell.

Tony....

A

Ash

is this what you are after?:

question for those who have the same strut brace: what the hell is that extra bolt hole, with the 90° bend, for??

A

AZ STE

If you look carefully at NIX picture there is a roll bar which passes through the sides of the parcel shelf and attaches to the holes you mention.The rollbar was another optional extra I had to copy an original as they are nearly as rare as the front grill spotlights :cry:

A

Ash

ah I see now, looking at it before, I thought that the roll cage was too far forward to fix to the strut brace, but I can see how it would fit now.
thanks.

B

bean

Niko - Did you have to cut the carpet trim to fit your rear brace?

I've got a Whiteline brace to fit, just wondered if I have to trim the interior. :?:

S

Sirnixalot

i got it like that but i tihnk it was cut, and the hole through the tope for the roll bar had to be cut as well

A

Ash

ashills said:
cheers that just what i needed to see
can make me a strut brace now
if you are going to make one, then I would try to make it so it bolts to all three points on the strut top, not just two.