Picked up the new R, quick queries!

A

Andybtsn

Hey,

Picked up the new red R today, very happy, enjoyable drive back even so i did only get 200 odd miles to £40!

Anyway, a problem occured an hour into the drive home, the speedo was being very tempormental, when I was driving about 60mph, the speedo would then just go down to 20 then to 40, then back to 60, then an hour later it just stopped working all together, the mileage clocks stopped too.

What would the problem be here? I'm a bit of a newbie to the technical side of the R, so thorough help is required :)

Cheers guys.

Andy

Fazz

Not certain but seems loose speedo cable connected to the hub?

Haven't heard of this before I'm afriad..

Over to the more knowledgeable and experience guys....... -

A

Andybtsn

Someone else has suggested this.

I don't even know if the thing has been delimited, but I assume it has.

Where is the delimiter located?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
My delimiter was origionally fitted in the engine bay behind the drivers side headlight, just infront of the fuse box.

Normally (and I replaced it here) they are fitted to the back of the instrument pack.

A

Andybtsn

Has it been delimited mate?

It is intermittent as it worked fine when i test drove it!

A

Andybtsn

Well basically the rev's were staying at 3k, and then the speedo was at 0mph after the the "crazyness" of going up and down between 20-60mph...

And the mileage stopped also...

Should i remove clocks?

A

Andybtsn

*I say the revs were at 3k as when i took foot off accelerator they would stay at 3k..

Mr GTiR

Andybtsn said:
Picked up the new red R today, very happy, enjoyable drive back even so i did only get 200 odd miles to £40!
You got that many miles to £40....lucky git!!

As it has been suggested sounds like a faulty delimiter. Take your clocks out and it can be found on the back of the speedo. Take a look in your engine bay near the fuse box to make sure it's not been fitted there first.

Also, GTiR's do not have a speedo cable as they work on an electronic pulse from the speedo sensor located in the front diff/gearbox.