Pick my new R up on saturday!!!!!!

S

Scoobster

Hi Guys,

New to the forum so just a few quick questions, i pick my R up on saturday so still new to the Pulsar but i have another fast datsun :D so far i know it's got a turbo back mongoose exhaust, HKS induction kit and a bailey dump valve so................what next? i have been looking at a FMIC on e-bay would that be worth buying? also i have been on Norris Design web site and it says that it's safe to run the R at 1 bar on the STD ECU, Turbo etc is this true?

Thanks

S

Scoobster

:? ????

Looking forward to the 150 mile trip back home in it :D

deank93

As a word of warning, yours is the sort of question that gets asked A LOT!

Best thing is to do a quick search mate and you should find plenty about running 1bar and the best oil etc....its also worth having a good look through the members cars section in order to get a flavour of what can be done with different specs.

And welcome :D

Dooie Pop Pop

drive it as it is for a couple of months and see if anything breaks before you start modding :wink:

there' s an UNBELIEVABLE amount of info available on here........if your prepared to search :wink:

Stu

S

Scoobster

Yeah just found the answer to the boost question :oops: sorry

Can anyone answer this one? when ever you tell someone that you are getting a GTI-R why do they look at you as if you need your head testing? they can't be any more troublesome as any other performance car

I had the same thing when i got an RX7 (oh engines blow up on them :shock: ) and i never had any problems with that in the time i owned it

S

Scoobster

A couple of months :shock: not sure if i can wait that long :D but yeah i know what you mean :cry:

kirko

for now i would just hike up the boost a bit get the fuelling checked
(set up if necessary) and enjoy beating most things on the road :lol: :lol: :lol:

although you will soon want to go big power when you get the bug
and it isnt very hard to get upto 400BHP on standard internals too!

happy motoring

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
When I try to explain to people what my new car is, they just look at me with blank and confused faces.
Instead of explaining what it is I just walk a way with a big smile on my face! :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

maybe one day someone will ask about airbag suspension ...........and then we' ll know its finally gone too damn far :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ShayneG

Dooie Pop Pop said:
maybe one day someone will ask about airbag suspension ...........and then we' ll know its finally gone too damn far :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FFS, you dont come on the forum with a name like scoobster and then post loads of S H I T :!:

VMAN where are you :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

GTI-R Kid

The search button is your friend. Uh-huh. :lol:

And welcome to the fold. 8)

S

Scoobster

ShayneG you can get pills for that now mate Chill Out!!!!!!! whats up with my forum name? don't worry i'm a nissan man with the gtir i will own 2 fast nissans

Thanks for all the help guy's just looking forward to getting my hands on it now :D

J

justin666

Please excuse certain people, They see the word "scoob", come out in a cold sweat and feel the need to unleash a barrage of abuse and pointless drivvle.!!!! :roll:

Welcome to the club dude :D :D

J.

ShayneG

Scoobster said:
ShayneG you can get pills for that now mate Chill Out!!!!!!! whats up with my forum name? don't worry i'm a nissan man with the gtir i will own 2 fast nissans

Thanks for all the help guy's just looking forward to getting my hands on it now :D
I'm only pulling ur leg fella :lol:

S

Scoobster

:( :cry: Gutted the brother-in-law just rang to say the seals in the clutch cylinder have just gone so it might not be ready for saturday :cry:

The other datsun i have is an R33 Skyline but thats away for the winter