Pic request: HID kit 6000 or 8000?

youngsyp

j10gtr said:
Paul,

I must have missed where you posted the link to those kits mate.
It was in the 'parts development' thread.

This is the kit I have: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/H4-3-BI-XENON...ryZ72235QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've had it for about 4 months now and it works great. Once the bulb has 'warmed' up (around 10 seconds max), the light output is pure white, and exceptionally bright, as you'd expect.
The bulb has a solenoid built in that moves the bulb forwards or backwards, depending on whether you select dipped or main beam. The change over time is virtually instantaneous, with no loss of light during the transition.

From memory, the company are based in Luton and supply spare parts so, any problems will be eay to deal with.

Overall, I am very happy with the kit. It's of great quality and works as it says on the tin. The only thing you need to do, post fitment, is to adjust the headlight aim downward as, otherwise, you'll dazzle some oncoming drivers.

Paul

youngsyp

Carlb said:
hi do you still get a good pattern for the mot?
To be honesy, I didn't chance it. It only takes 2 minutes to change the bulbs out for some normal halogen ones so, that's what I did.

Before next this years MOT, I'll take it to a place first and see if it'll pass with the HID bulbs fitted.

Having said that, after I adjusted the O/S headlamp down, the pattern on the road is still good and I don't dazzle on coming drivers any more. The N/S lamp still lights up the large road signs at the side of the road nicely though, even in the daylight.

Paul