Pic needed of Oil Fitler housing!!!

D

Deebo

Alright there lads, I need a picture of the Oil Filter Housing on the rear of the engine please.

Just want to see whats involved in removing it as mine needs replacing:doh:

Keira

from memory a couple of sensor plugs to unplug, 2 water hoses and then 4 bolts that hold it to the block.

D

Deebo

2 broken spanners:x , various bits of skin torn off:cry: , 3 hours and only one bolt removed:oops:

This must be one of the only times I wished I was 8 stone instead of 18 stone, my big FUKCING fingers/hands will not get in these tight little places.:evil:

There is one bolt on the bottom of the oil filter housing just above the transfer box that is too tight to get a ratchet onto and every spanner I get onto it just breaks!!!:doh:

KF79GTIR

Deebo said:
2 broken spanners:x , various bits of skin torn off:cry: , 3 hours and only one bolt removed:oops:

This must be one of the only times I wished I was 8 stone instead of 18 stone, my big FUKCING fingers/hands will not get in these tight little places.:evil:

There is one bolt on the bottom of the oil filter housing just above the transfer box that is too tight to get a ratchet onto and every spanner I get onto it just breaks!!!:doh:
What make of spanner are you using chocolate ones? :lol:

Kev.

D

Deebo

:lol: :p :lol:

You plonker!!!:lol:

Just spoke to Ian at Hi Teq who has suggested removing the front pipe and driveshaft to get more room to work.

D

Deebo

Bought a new tool set and managed to get another of the lower 12mm nuts off last night.

So just the 2 upper 12mm bolts left now and its off.

D

Deebo

Got one of the upper 12mm bolts off last night but cannot get to the one closest to the powersteer pump as the bracket is in the way.Gonna try and get the Power steering pump bracket off later.