here's my setup
std turbo @ 1.1 bar
std internal
upgraded intake
stage 2 clutch
2.5" downpipe
3" cat back without catalyser
emanage ultimate with that on the map :

here's my problem, when i floor it, it push hard from 4000 rpm but when i get near 6000 rpm i can feel the power does not continue to push (like a bottleneck would do), i still got full boost, but it's better for me to change gear. it can't be normal to have a range of 2000 rpm of "full power" ?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
What plugs are you using and what are they gapped at? - Mine was dying-off at 4800rpm and it turned-out to be the plug gap. It was too small (0.5mm), so the spark just wasn't strong enough to keep the power up. It's odd because you can see the power build back up after that point (when the spark gets a bit stronger again).

Having said that, those maps look a little odd to me; maybe I just don't know how the eManage works, but it doesn't look very smooth to me. - It looks like the things jump in blocks then stay static until the next jump, but like I say I don't really know if that means anything.

I

iomegalinux

i'm using BRK7E ngk v-power plug (the cheap one)
gap is the "defaut" one

i think you maybe put the finger right on .... i'll get the tool to check the gap and see what append from there.

and for the map from emanage, i really can't tell you, i got the car with those setting, and the guy before did this to be able to run more boost, but i only run 1.1 bar.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I run 1.1 bar on a standard ECU; I'm not sure the eManage is necissary... unless that's to cope with a different MAF or injectors.

Do you run 7s for a reason? - Maybe Quebec(?) is generally colder so you don't need 8s?

I

iomegalinux

no i have std injector and maf, but i have upgraded on the shelf ;)

for the colder plug, it could be a great idea, but like you say temperature is not often high

I

iomegalinux

so i did gap my spark plug to 0.8mm and it's even worse i can't boost more than 0.7 bar without having engine cut.
i found that info here :
http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59888&highlight=spark+gap

0.9mm is standard (~10.5psi / 0.7bar)
0.8mm is common for low-end uprated (~14.5psi / 1.0bar)
0.7mm is common for higher uprated (~17.5psi / 1.2bar)

0.8 mm should be right what i need
they where approx 0.6mm, i'll try bring them to 0.7mm at least to be able to get 1.1 bar again

I

iomegalinux

humm... yes i could be able to get a hand on another coil.
i'll give this a try ...

but it may take some times

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Have you tried running 8s instead of 7s? Just because it's not so warm outside doesn't mean it's not alot hotter in your engine when running 1.1bar instead of the standard 0.65bar.