pc problem please help

A

antilag

its doing my head in i have a 15gb hard drive and im using under 1 gb the pc is slow as fook always crashes internet explore always has an error and has to close which is anoying this is my third attempt in writing this message grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i downloaded avg and it found no viresis i downloaded internet explorer again and it made no difference please help as its really doing my nut in now

oldaneal

Could still have a virus in it some of them will hide themseves when the pc boots so the antivirus won't see them, otherwise try running some adaware software incase its that. last option would be a hardware fault is everything else running ok

A

antilag

yeh well it was just the internet explorer error at first but how the pc seems pretty slow and unreliable i really cant b arsed to reboot as i am doing that every few months and its a nitemare there always seems to b a damaged disc or summin goes wrong lol

A

antilag

no but downloaded avg and ran the scanner it found a visus and got rid of it but nothing changed i ran that again this morning and if didnt find anything

S

Sunny Nutter

download all the windows updates, there are alot of security issues around at the mo, RPC crashes etc that the windows updates will fix,
after you have done that and installed them all,
again do a virus scan,
then do a defrag, that should get it to run faster and more reliably

N

N1SMO

i would bet its mydoom or blaster worm virus as i had this and id did not show up. it kills the pc speed and internet.

A

antilag

yeh i de fraged a while back how do u get rid of this worm then

B

Brett G

Watch out for Kazaa it fooked mine up (symptoms like yours) loads of spyware etc. My old man sorted it out for me in the end

S

Sunny Nutter

if you have been using Kazza and other 'dodgey' :wink: sites, they can install tracking software on your pc,
go here and download Adaware 6 and run it, it will delete all the tracking cookies and any dodgey links in the registry
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

also, try running a stinger from nai.com to detect and erase the worm
http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

these should help to get you back on track, also update your virus definition files every thursday evening :wink:

A

antilag

i done the scan it showed 217 vireses or watever i deleted them and done the stinger and it shows another 69 but cant seem to delete them using the stinger

hmmm

think u have to find them and delete them manually. Try and run check disk aswell...maybe ur hard drive has errors.

A

Anders

Bud,

You need to do a search for ad-aware. Download the free version and run it and clean your system of the crap. When I installed it and ran it for the first time it found over 140 items - my PC had almost grinded to a halt and explorer was good for nothing.

Also make sure you have installed the MS updates for your OS.

Andy

A

antilag

rite i now have ad aware installed and downloaded all the lasest bits from microsoft my explore still crashes with the error and now sumtimes my messinger does im thinking of highering a large hammer