Passenger locking thingy

Garef

My passenger door randomly locks and unlocks itself when i'm driving along, it was getting so annoying that I just disconnected it this evening. I have figured out that there was a clicking noise coming from the small black box that is attached to the window switches and door locking panel on the drivers side, I'm guessing that this is where the problem is. Is there a relay in there, is it phucked, etc etc. Any help would be magic.

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

spray some wd40 inside the barrel on door lock (where key fits in) and turn the key back and forth a few times to work the penetrating oil in! that should sort it.

Garef

I don't think it's a problem with the lock tho, I think it's a problem with the relay switch if thats what it is on the drivers side, it just keeps clicking away randomly and opening and locking the passenger door. Just want to know Bob how spraying the wd40 in would help it?

I have exactly the same problem. I replaced the control module on the drivers door as i thought the same as you and that the clicking on there was causing it. Mine still does it though so i dont know what it could be..

Garef

Cheers Dan. Mines was starting to do it every 3-4 seconds so I just disconnected it all. Thanks for that bit of info though.

Bart GTI-R

I had the same problem, & sprayed the WD40 in, and sorted, there must be a switch on the lock or something. Try what p'boby said,