overheating agro!!!

Daza

Hi Guys,
I put my name down for JAE and the pulsar decides to play me up!!!

When driving the coolant goes really high along with oil temps.When oil temps hit 100 then the coolant decides to get really high! I never let the temps get too high so at the moment I don't drive the R. I've changed coolant and bled the system through the thermostat hole and no change. I then buy a new thermostat and repeat as before but now the rad pipes get really hot and hard (No pun intended) and everything is cool I can squeeze the pipes and hear coolant I then unscrew bleed bolt but nothing comes out unless i squeeze rad pipes which never happened before.
I also noticed that the thermostat was slightly longer than the old one (thought this maybe normal due to age of old thermostat). I have new fm and radiator and 1.2mm
hks headgasket which was done a good while ago so dont think it could be to do with these. No mayo in oil cap although bits of white in rad not all the time though, no coolant leaking anywhere.

was hoping to be oil cooler (standard) problem
or water pump (No water visible) problem

Problem is i cant really find location of these or what to look for to eliminate, Does anyone know of a local mechanic whos good with pulsars!!!
any help would be appreciated.

regards daz.

B

Big O

could be ya oil cooler try putting a bigger one in n c wat happens

Fusion Ed

Sounds like head gasket to me. Saw exactly the same on another pulsar recently. That had also had a recent ish HKS gasket, the owner had only just got it. If you take it to a decent garage they should be able to do a colour test on the rad water to see if there is any exhaust gasses present.

Daza

thats what i was hoping but i cant afford a mocal at the moment might grab a second
hand standard one for now but i dont want to waste any money, is there a way of knowing if your oil coolers faulty, any pics would be great as I dont know what im looking for

cheers daz

Daza

cheers micra ed hopefully isnt the headgasket! Times running out for jae and if it is the headgasket i wont be going! Wont be able to check till the weekend now.

regards daz