over heating!!!!!!!!!

guider

noticed my R was going into the h mark on the gauge. normally my fans are on as soon as the ignition is turned, guess this has been changed for extra cooling. both pipes are hot coming from the rad so im not sure its thermostat. any ideas peeps?

stumo

Fans on with ign isn't standard, someone has modified it.

Had you done anything before the overheating? Quite a few people do stuff then don't say what the've done....:doh:

Was the water level ok in the bottle and rad?

It could be the thermostat, easiest way to test is to remove it and place it in almost boiling water and it should open fully.

it could be the head gasket, easiest way to check that is to get a block test kit

you might get it cheaper elsewhere, this was the first one i googled.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Is your air con on? The fans run all the time with the aircon on.
If your thermostat was knackered, the pipe going into it would stay cold for alot longer while the other one warmed up.

Last edited:

guider

only thing i did before it started to overheat was give it a good boot it.makes me think it could be the head gasket

air con removed

doesnt overheat m/way driving but stuck in traffic it starts to hit the h point

Last edited:

gtirjoey

you need to sort your fan problem or will always overheat in traffic, might have burnt them out from them constantely being on? doubt it but could happen

gtirjoey

well are the fans coming on or not?
if they dont come on its gonna overheat in traffic as the fans suck air through the rad

davey red.r

i had this prob on my white r, changed thermostat still happened:x,
changed water temp sensor still happened:x
ended up being a fault from the ecu..

guider

gonna take it to a auto elec shop and let em have a go at getting the fans going again. is ther a fuse somewhere for it. cant see 1 on the diagram for the internal fuse box