OVER FUELING

• Thread starter Ninja_tune_factory
  • Start date
N

Ninja_tune_factory

Hi all ..........................................

for the past coupl of mouths my R has bin over fueling and now the thing will not run when hot , at 1st i thort it was pulgs, or cap or arm , but when i went to get my mot at work it was running on 10 %co(wich is very hight).
the probelm only happents when it hot so i change the coolant sensaw , but once i drove it started missing agen :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

sisc it started to over fuel iv put a clutch in it as that went at the same time :evil: :x this is what iv chenge sisn it bin over fueling
also chage :
plugs
cap , arm
lamers sensaw
coolant sensaw
leads,

do any of you no what i should check next as i dont no , im so pissed with it i thinkin about sending it to option mototrsport to get them to sort it
but if anyone can help id rilly like it so it dont cost me a bomb if it has to go away

thanks lionel.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Which coolant sensor did you change, I think there's 2, one for the ecu and one for the gauge.
Other possibilities could be:- faulty fuel pressure regulator, faulty dropping resistor for the injectors or dodgy wiring. Blocked air filter, leaking exhaust.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

i change the one wich is under the inlet manifold it is a red swich,
where , my hks filter needs a new filter so il get one at trax (i hope)

i check the fault coda on the R is come up as 13 but then after reseting the fault coda and goin for a drive then testing it agen it just showed up 55 :evil: :evil: :evil: :? :? :?

fast guy any more info u have would be grate , dus anyone have a wireing diagram of the ecu and the way the wireing runs in the engine bay if there is one

like be for any info will help so i dont have to tack it to tuner

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Fault code 13 is the engine temperature circuit. So assuming you changed the correct sensor, you now need to check the wiring as there is still a fault somewhere. If the ecu is getting a signal from the sensor that the engine is cold, (even if the engine is hot) it will add extra fuel and cause your over fuelling problem.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

yer she way over fueling bad it was at 10%co, is there anyfink elsa it could be mate

thanks fast guy :D :D the info helping lots

A

Anonymous

Hey there, not sure if this will help. My R was guzzeling fuel like a b@stard!! 150k's to 25l of premium. Changed my O2 sensor (second hand at that! from an s13)and I am now back to 250k's for 25l. The only thing I had to get done was got the adapter off for the old O2 sensor and put it on the (cut and crimp) the s13 or if you want a new generic O2 sensor.

Also there is a gear selector switch in the gearbox that tells the ecu what gear your in. Its small little plastic thing with two brass nipples on it, they were worn off in mine!!! you can use maxima ones, 36 AUD new. I got an ex

A

Anonymous

Thats.... got an extra 70ks out of a tank. No change to driving habits :lol: :lol:

J

jiw

i think that the sensor in mind is the reverse light switch, nothing to do with the ecu :? jeff.

geetee

put it on the (cut and crimp) the s13 or if you want a new generic O2 sensor.
You can;t use a generic Lambda sensor on the R unless you are using a Motec or something to control ur fuelling.

The R Lambda produces a different voltge range to generic ones.

Cheers
GeeTee