Options for front bumper.

A

Andybtsn

Just thinking of what I should do to the front of my bumper.

It seems most people take the "fogs" (or whatever they are) out, I think this would look best also, once I have taken them out, what can I fill the holes? What do people use? Black mesh?

Also, I guess the front plate is not legal, would it look better with a square plate, or normal one? Opinions?

I'm not planing for the front intercooler just yet.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

justin666

Worry about the plate as and when or if you get stopped :)

Front fogs as far as i know are not standard on the R anyway so I would guess yours have been put in as aftermarket items..????

You basically do what you want to do with the car :) Have a look around here, see what you like or dont like and go from there. Or come up with your own unique ideas and amaze us all :)

J.

maz

get rid of the fogs, cut out the centre of the bumper and mesh it, show off ur nice fmic if u have one? get a laguna splitter to make it look a bit bigger and that will be you sorted. simple mods and it makes a mean looking R from the front :D

J

justin666

Fire & skill said:
believe it or not matey, your front fogs are ultra rare early JDM lamps - i have never seen them on another pulsar!
Ive learnt summat to day then :-D :-D :-D Ive never seen another R with them either!!!!

If they are that rare, I would keep them in for a bit of individuality :-D 8)

J.

A

Andybtsn

The fogs don't work anyway Rich...! Well there is no "fog" switch anyway, LOL.

I thinkthey would be better in white, and not orange. I still think, looking at other R's, the bumper looks very nice minus the fogs, I wonder how much they would be worth?!?! Hehe...

I'm enquiring about the splitter at the moment, so hopefully will have one soon!

Fire & skill

Vintage member
oh yeah - possibly not fogs then! now i think about it, im sure they work with the indicators, if thats the case you could legally remove the N/S flasher unit and use the opening as a cold air supply for the ind kit :) am i starting to confuse the issue now?

A

Andybtsn

No mate, thats a good idea! I will check now, I'm intruiged!

A

Andybtsn

I braved the cold and rain and you're right!...

So where do you get these indicator vents then?!!!

You reckon they'd suit a red R?

A

Andybtsn

Hmmm, not sure...It's a bit "hardcore", worthy of 400Bhp R's!

Hmmm

A

Andybtsn

I meant looks really, it's a bit hardcore.

I like the standard R looks, not sure on boost mate! I'm yet to give it a proper work out!!

OZ-Racing

If you're after a new and different front bumper, keep your eyes on the 'Group buys' section, as I'm working on something ;-)

J

jpward

Shiny looking R there mate id nearly guess those extra lights are off a Skyline look very similar but hard to tell in that pic but if you remove there will be lots of guys with the original mesh units and clips that go there, also your grille is not colour coded which is strange wonder what happened there?

laguna splitter wont work with your bumper protector as i found out but a square number plate in motorbike size looks the bizz and you can get one from your local plate guys just ask for a motorbike sized plate for the front should be a tenner at the most and if you do get round to fitting a FMIC then cuting out and meshing seams to be the order of the day personnaly if you arnt going over 300bhp i cant see the point.

A

Andybtsn

The bumper protector is not on the car anymore so don't have to worry about that.

I have no plans for engine mods at the mo, just want to tidy up the exterior, so this will incude the front plate, finding the mesh/clips for blanking the "fogs" and lowering the front somewhat.

Then come end of year may start thinking about interior and engine mods!

J

jpward

See id be more inclined to start on the engine first looks is nothing without power in my book!

A

Andybtsn

Well I think there fanastic stock really, so I have no urge to go quicker of yet, I'm not one to "mod" the car, just return it to factory clean condition 8)