opinions please

E

Edd

Right i am planning on getting the 2.2 back on the road by ditching a load of parts in favour of std items :lol:
therefore will refit std injectors, maf, turbo, manifold
and will run std boost :shock:

all of this on a std ecu :?

think it'll run okay and be fuelled ok?
It will still have the HKS 264 cams in it and obviously 2.2 and i won't be thrashing the nuts off it but the PowerFC is mapped for about 1.3 bar on an HKS GTRS turbo so i dont want to run std boost with that map as i think it'll give me bore wash and run way too rich.
Or could i leave the powerfc and injectors and just set up a bleed valve to say 1.1 bar , surely it would still be good enough and not run lean.

Pleas note i wont be caining the life off the car, this is only a temporary measure, but will probably stay in this state of tune for 3 months or so. :cry:

coxie

hi edd could you not do what was done when you bought the car...ie power fc mapped and set up running along side the bleed valve which was set to 1.3 bar on the gtrs as you know it was quick enough to give 431bhp and was stupidly fast to drive/be driven. 8)

then when funds/tuner allow get the 3037s fitted and the power fc mapped for more power/boost. :twisted:

it already had 600cc injectors and everything fitted didnt it :D :?:

just a thought :D

stu

E

Edd

Yeh it is a good idea stuart but i sold the GTRS :oops: :cry:

So all i have is a 3037 with no turbo pipes and an HKS manifold but with no modifications for external wastegate :cry:

Skiddus has very kindly offered to loan me std mani and turbo :D and vpulsar donating injectors and ECU :shock: :D

however i think i will leave the powerfc and injectors in place and the maf and just run 1 bar off a bleed valve and get the map checked to make sure its not too rich.

also antilag has offered to do the pipe run for the turbo setup and modify the mani so will get that sorted aswell soon hopefully.

just need the thing back on the road really :cry:

dont care if it has 45bhp as long as it runs :cry:

S

srbpower

Edd would it not be a better idea to get a shitter from auction and run that while you sort the car out?

Si :)

MarkTurbo

What about running it as it was when you got 431 bhp?

But with slightly less boost just to be on the safe side.

Surely it would be ok like this for a couple months :?: Maybe just get it on the rollers to check that fuelling etc is ok.

E

Edd

MarkTurbo said:
What about running it as it was when you got 431 bhp?
because i sold the turbo that it got that power on so the car is turboless, not to mention engine and gearbox less when i collect it.
So i have to get the engine and car transported and fitted and decide what turbo setup to use.

SRB - i've bought a shitter b4 and i aint doin it again. I want the car back on the road and this is the best plan as i don't want to take my car to another tuner hence just get it back on the rd and worry about goin for big power at a later date

coxie

sorry edd i wasnt aware you had sold the gtrs.just a thought.

if you need any help just pm me
stu :D

MarkTurbo

Run 1.3 bar on skiddus's turbo :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

Looks like standard turbo, ecu, etc is gonna be the way to go then :(

skiddusmarkus

Yeah sure,run 1.3 bar on it.I'll prepare a nice surprise in the form of a half sawn off blade and when the turbo hits 100 000 rpm and chucks the compressor fan through 6 valves and a piston it will be hilarious :lol: .I'll gladly take a shiny 3037s in exchange :wink: :lol: .

M

memski

Standard turbo, standard boost to be on the safe side until you get your turbo of choice fitted and mapped with an aftermarket ecu/injectors etc.

Jamesw

again same as the above 2, especially as two board members, are lending you the stuff to do it! Mind you the offer was around when I blew mine up two of the people best on the board IMO :D :wink:

O

Odin

Jamesw said:
again same as the above 2, especially as two board members, are lending you the stuff to do it! Mind you the offer was around when I blew mine up two of the people best on the board IMO :D :wink:

:shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: aaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

E

Edd

I think for ease i will leave the powerfc,maf,injectors fitted as even running std boost the airflow's being monitored so injector duty won't be full on.

also a HUGE thankyou for the board member who has offered to have my car stored at there home, i won't say who it is yet as i don't want it being revealed where the car's going :wink:

G

GazTi-R

Judging by the number of R's unknowingly running lean at the top-end yesterday at powerstation (even with power FC) I would play safe. Maybe worth £40 for a dyno run for peace of mind?