Opinions on a rather CRAZY idea..........

nickg123

Just been talking through with a mate who runs a body shop - looks like we have come up with a little crazy idea..... What do you all think??

Marlboro Mclaren colours on my GTI-R? As in the Bright Orange arrow/stripes on a mainly white car, orange at the back, then another one near the front....... Plus a set of 18" Compomotive White rims.....

Not traditional colours for any GTI-R i know, but it's one of my fav colour schemes and i think it could work quite well..... Especially with all the Graphics in Black etc?!

Any ideas??

www.anythingcars.net - Make All Your Pulsars Dreams Come True [8D]

J

jasegould

If u like it do it...bear in mind that you'll get grief from the purists[;)] But at least your car'll look different!![:D]

Mines in the bodyshop at the moment having some mad paintwork done!

Ooooohh...its black..yawn..with 17'S..yawn..mongoose..yawn...zzzzzzzzz

J

J-GTi-R

As a purist myself, I have to say nnnnnnnn....... actually that would be quite cool (but then I think wild paint is fine, just not bodykits [;)]). The GT40 Gulf colours would be cool too.

J.

I press the middle pedal, it slows down... freaky!

A

Anonymous

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

[:)]DO IT[:)]

HKS BOV
Blitz induction kit
Turbo back stainless exhaust
Samco hoses
Apexi AVC-R(serious lack of clutch;-)
17"OZ Racing F1 Cups

J

jasegould

[:D][:D]Just been doing some test panels for mine..it looks the bollox[:D][:D][:D][:D]

Ooooohh...its black..yawn..with 17'S..yawn..mongoose..yawn...zzzzzzzzz

A

Anonymous

theres enough factory looking ones around so get it sorted. it will look da bolox

G

GTI-R Kid

Looking at the Pic of the Corolla i reckon it will look seriously good. Purists won't be too impressed, but lets face it, there are still plenty of standard (looking) GTI-R's out there so it makes a nice change to see someone attempt something different.[8D]

Rob

( http://www.nissangtir.com )

J

Jedi-Gti-r

Wouldn`t fancy ride quality with 18`s[:(]
17`s we`re bad enough(tramlining,rock hard etc)

Now have original refurbed 15`s back on.Car thrashes and handles just like it was designed to do[}:)]

SHEFFIELD Gtir....FEEL THE FORCE !!

nickg123

I am getting quote for doing it now, looks like i may stick with 17's though mainly due to the price of 18's along with the price of the paint/decals etc - i'm sure they'll look big enough anyway!

Then it's time to strip out the interior i guess....... Buckets, Cage, Harnesses etc....

Should look pretty hard i reckon!

J

jaigtir

Yeah, i wouldnt recommend 18's either, 17's are bad enough but they do look nice. Im going down i wheel size soon.

quote:Then it's time to strip out the interior i guess....... Buckets, Cage, Harnesses etc....

Should look pretty hard i reckon!

[:D] It sure does[:D]

A

Anonymous

Had a guy in my work once upon a time with 18inch fox multispokes, he reckoned it didnt drive to bad considering, and he also added that they looked that cool he could live with it even if it did drive like sh@te. Trust me, it did look well [8D]

HKS BOV
Blitz induction kit
Turbo back stainless exhaust
Samco hoses
Apexi AVC-R(serious lack of clutch;-)
17"OZ Racing F1 Cups

nickg123

Hmm yeah 18's would be nice for posing, but i think i may just stick with 17's to be safe....... When i can afford it, i'll have to get a set of 18's to put on for various events etc ;-)

nickg123

It starts this Saturday mate - i got my new wheels though - 17" White Speedline Chrono's, just waiting for my Tyres to come before getting them all built up on the wheels etc......

Just have to start cleaning the car up - taking all the stickers off etc now!

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
There are alot of large companys that pay you to have your car sprayed to advertise the brand name

You should contact Marlboro/Philip Morris to see if he will pay for the paint job, then ask if he will pay you to advertise one of his brand names.

S