open air filter

Marci GTi-R

Hi,

What would be the best air filter for the R?

What kind of pipe run is better used then the stock part?

Regards,

Ramon

chrism

Feeling a bit sorry for you so Ill give my 2cents worth.

The apexi is very popular for the r. I have a blitz on mine.

As for the pipe work:anything that fits really.

Spikey

The Blitz just filter Bricks and stones. the Hks filters sand too and the K&N does a good job
of both. It depends if you want power or Filtration. Read up about each filter and Reviews and then Decide
whats best for you .

Trip

Pipe run: depending if its on a standard MAF, I read that the standard maf is a little sensitive if not placed right

danr

some people have put the maf on the intercooler side to stop false reading when dumping air iirc
ITG are good for wet filters, but then they cover the MAF in oil
A big K&N panel filter with cold air feed would be my favourite..

skiddusmarkus

Blitz are fine, you can see how small the holes are in them so know the biggest thing that can get sucked into the engine and its nothing to worry about.People took some random old article using a vacuum cleaner and a coffee filter as the holy grail of filter reviews.I have a Blitz on my Z32 MAF and had one before on the standard MAF.
Whatever filter you get just make sure it has a heat shield, even if you have to make it yourself-mine is currently made of cardboard but as the filter stay cool I couldn't give a toss and I'll get around to making it out of alluminium when I have time.

I have a Blitz filter,induction pipe and cold air box for sale if you are interested.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It's also worth considering that any of the oiled filters work better when they're slightly dirty.

skiddusmarkus

Just feel how hot your filter gets otherwise, the fans practicly home in to your filter and blast it with red hot air.A bit of cardboard and its nice and cool again.