oops! poped my turbo...

Gaz gtiR

well on the way back from watching the footy today i got a bit guidy in my R coming home. :doh: as i looked at the clocks i was doin 130mph then a big drop in power = no boost & coverd every 1 behind me in blue smoke :lol:. so pulled up checked oil cap alls ok thank god pulled th boost pipe off & its full of oil so ill be needing a new turdo now :doh: oh well u live & learn :roll:

Gaz gtiR

yep expensive tho unless i can find a good working second hand 1?? i only had standard turbo on my R so will be happy with a standard unit or uprated for rite price. :)

shroom

bit of a pain at the moment been a premium on stock turbos as alot of people have been after 1, just upgrade and spend 700 quid on a gt2871 :D

Gaz gtiR

hmmm £700 i havent got at min. like the way u said that shroom. JUST upgrade haha :D u cud buy me a gt2871 if u realy want to shroom. haha :)

PulsarLee

hiya,

did my turbo at the same sort of speed....... mind you i was still pulling like fuk and at 1.1 bar........car dosent smoke all the time, just when i change up under boost. anyone know what actually goes with a failure like this?

cheers,

Lee

Gaz gtiR

it will be ur seals in turbo. or under boost it could be piston rings? is there exess play in the shaft in the turbo? mine has blown completeley ive noo boost atall the shaft in mine has totally collapsed :(

shroom

hmmm £700 i havent got at min. like the way u said that shroom. JUST upgrade haha :D u cud buy me a gt2871 if u realy want to shroom. haha :)
have a scout about the forums sure there is something for sale, or get it rebuilt with the 360 thrust or bb core, not sure how much that would be,

snoon

will cost £500 - 600 to have it rebuilt. I ave done it twice and wouldn't ever do it again.

If your gunna spend that money buy either of the 2 mentioned above.

nimhbk

Well serves you right that speed kills people, and if seen comes with a dont go past go, dont collect £200 and go straight to prison

Gaz gtiR

nimhbk. i was on an abadoned bypass in the middle of no where which probably 4 cars a day go up... & u cant tell me youve never broke the speed limit if u own a pulsar??

Gaz gtiR

:doh: my bad. haha. if i wanted to tootle along in the countryside id buy a micra. as u all no wen u grow up u know when its safe to have a play. unlike ur silly boyracer in his fast as fook saxo doin 80mph past a school or in a town centre trying to impress his 14 year old girlfreind :lol: