Ooooop's

D

damien4uuk

The other day I was driving through a local village and one of them speeding things was up (you know the one where if your going 30 a smiley face grins at ya and if over 30 it pulls a face at you) Well my spedo said 25 and the sign said 34 and pulled a face. Ive also noticed when ive stoped at a roundbout it takes ages for my spedo to read 0. Is this norm? or do i need new clocks?

Keira

if theres a convertor on the car it may not be doing its job properly or be a poop one and not converting kph to mph very well.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Other options being tyres of a very different diammeter to standard and someone has had the speedo needle off and not put it back on accurately. Or the sign is lieing. :wink:

T

Tart

My mates speedo does the same thing, If u pull away quick, keep your foot planted and then suddenly stop accelerating (keep engine revs even) his speedo continues to climb to catch up.... braking is the same. I took it out, got her to 60, jammed on the anchors and when I was stationary the speedo was still dropping through 20..... He's had a conversion and i suspect a not very good one. sound familiar???

D

damien4uuk

Thats exactly the prob! but if im doing 60 and stop it still reads 50-55. i can be at 4500rpm in 4th before the speedo says 60. I thought at one time it was taking like 12 seconds to get to 60 lol :lol:

B

Boxster Basher

Speedo

I agree with FastGuy. After someone fannying around with the cluster, they obviously never pushed the dials back on tight enough.

Symptoms: were slow to increase/decrease speed.

Solution: Off with the dash trim, out with the cluster lens and pushed the needles hard.

Go for a quick test b4 putting back together though.

Mines was fixed quick sharp, about 15 minutes to be precise!