One for the turbo techies!

O

Olly

looks good not far off my norris designs md196, but it looks bigger than mine. 8)

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
That turbo is good for 400bhp (396bhp to be more exact) at about 1.8bar from previous experience with GT28 with T04 compressors...

Note -
3071 will give you 400bhp @ 1.4bar with plently of torque... It is designed for large torque but that will be at higher boost eg. 450bhp / 450lb.ft @ 2.4bar

3076 will give you the power much easier as it is capable of flowing 470bhp @ 1.7bar...

Upto you...

boucherie

just had an email from the company as well saying that its a GT25/40 rated at 400bhp

so if i chose to run that turbo at around 1.3bar(ish) would it be putting out about 340-350bhp? id rather get a decent sized turbo like this and then as and when i need to upgrade the internals i wont have to worry about changing the turbo as well.

will this be a fairly direct swap for the current t28, although ive got a new manifold to put on as well

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
boucherie said:
just had an email from the company as well saying that its a GT25/40 rated at 400bhp

so if i chose to run that turbo at around 1.3bar(ish) would it be putting out about 340-350bhp? id rather get a decent sized turbo like this and then as and when i need to upgrade the internals i wont have to worry about changing the turbo as well.

will this be a fairly direct swap for the current t28, although ive got a new manifold to put on as well

I was on a GT25/40 and got those figures...

Rishi

O

Olly

boucherie said:

Without launching the md196 is no quicker than a 1bar R to 60mph basically, cos 1st and 2 nd gear are over so fast, but when in 3rd and upwards she flies much more fun when mixing your r with proper big cars. i like it.

my md196 was fitted by me with aircon,

1. For turbo in stock postion to fit and clear gearbox casing you will need to build or spacer your manifold at 12/15mm further out, depends on turbo inlet mouth size. 2 gaskets.
2. may need to cut and extend downpipe, my scorpion stretched. :wink:
3. Space front gearbox torque restrictor mount 10mm forward.
4. Flexi oil and water feed pipes or bend stock ones (bit off an ar5e to get perfect)
5. You may need to modify your oil return pipe.
6. Sort out boost pipe attachments.
7. Modify Nissan cooling fans for clearance, drill out spot welds and modify etc. If you have no aircon, then get some kenlowes and front mount the fans.
8. Probably missed something. :lol:

Z

zid336

turbo

:lol: after lookin at all the comments on this turbo ive decided to buy this particular turbo i chatted to Gary at GTIR SPARES and OLLY and they believe this turbo is excellent value for money when it arrives and i get it bolted on ill let u know how i get on :D

boucherie

if you could let us know how u get on with this turbo mate it'd much appreciated, like you say i think this could end up being a popular choice amongst the forum :!:

Z

zid336

turbo

:D yes no problems mate ive looking for a turbo for ages this is the best one ive seen and best value for the money i emailed the company aswell and they said the turbo is good for 400bhp and gave me a link www.horsepowerinabox.com and is identical to the turbo number six on the page after reading im very impressed placed the order today sent the money out to day and gona wait till it comes, then get OLLY MATE to fit my a Water injection and the Turbo on the same time but definately put a post up when she fitted and let everyone know how it goes :wink:

boucherie

Re: turbo

zid336 said:
:D yes no problems mate ive looking for a turbo for ages this is the best one ive seen and best value for the money i emailed the company aswell and they said the turbo is good for 400bhp and gave me a link www.horsepowerinabox.com and is identical to the turbo number six on the page after reading im very impressed placed the order today sent the money out to day and gona wait till it comes, then get OLLY MATE to fit my a Water injection and the Turbo on the same time but definately put a post up when she fitted and let everyone know how it goes :wink:
hiya mate, just thought id see how your getting on with having the turbo and Water Injection fitted, any chance of a progress update :?:

Dooie Pop Pop

boucherie said:
if you could let us know how u get on with this turbo mate it'd much appreciated, like you say i think this could end up being a popular choice amongst the forum :!:
good that means i can kick all your asses! :twisted: dont buy a 3071r they are cr4p :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:

boucherie

Dooie Pop Pop said:
boucherie said:
good that means i can kick all your asses! :twisted: dont buy a 3071r they are cr4p :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:
if your launches were something to be proud of then maybe id be scared of that comment stu, but until then i dont fear you :!: :!: :lol: :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

boucherie said:
Dooie Pop Pop said:
boucherie said:
if your launches were something to be proud of then maybe id be scared of that comment stu, but until then i dont fear you :!: :!: :lol: :wink:
:( bastid :lol: id never launched an R before (it showed badly :lol: ) just you wait....with 450bhp and 450lbft of torque i could pull off in second and still beat you :lol: 2.4bar :shock: how amusing would that be :lol: iv accidently seen 2.5bar and it lights the wheels up rather too easily, just ask my mother in law :oops: :lol:

Z

zid336

turbo

:lol: hello guys the turbo hasnt arrived yet ive got a confirmation from the company they are delivering the turbo on 18th october then its gettin hold of Olly Owen to arrange fitting im gona need a turbo elbow but Gary at GTIRSpares is workin on that loads of mods are gona be required to enable this tub to fit in the correct postition ive got the right people with me and the end result will be good!! The water injection i can aquire quite easily through gary or olly however there is a new water injection which GTART are currently testing which is supposedly is far more superior than the existin systems Gary at GTIRSpares is gona get his fitted first then i will assess whether to pay the extra for the new system i ll keep u all informed and host some picture guys :wink:

ashills

have fun mounting the actuator properly :lol:
if people just bought this turbo with the 3" inlet would save a hell of a lot of work fitting and wouldnt need spacers