On the hunt for a really good condition Pulsar...

gbedwardsd

Hello all, I haven't owned one for a good few years but I have the urge again... Probably yet another midlife crisis.

I know this may be a big ask and I may sound like a fussy bugger but - I'm looking for a Good, Straight, Low Milage, Pulsar. Preferably as close to standard looking as I can find (no tinted windows, unusual paint jobs, retrimmed seats etc etc and straight chassis rails would be a real bonus!) and either in Grey or Ivory.

My Ideal would have a thorough Service History with reciepts. I dont care if its been done in a garage but I do want to know its had regular oil changes etc with high quality products.

Positive upgrades would be brakes and suspension (i.e. poly bushed etc), I dont mind engine mods that have been fitted correctly and work but I dont like dodgy manual boost controller from ebay... The same goes for pods full of gauges stuck to the dash with self tapping screws...

Anyways, if any one has one that fits this description and their looking to pass her onto an owner that will look after her well, let me know. Money waiting and Im based in Chester but willing to travel for viewings.

Regards David Edwards

My ideal would grey or ivory.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Good luck with your search, took me six months to find my current R, it didn't tick all the boxes but was the best I could find. Shame you weren't looking for a black one

gbedwardsd

Seems I found what I was looking for pretty quickly! Picking her up toninght all shes lacking is big brakes and I need to change the wheels...

gbedwardsd

Up near Fleet Wood off pistonheads seems straight enough, runs smoothly, pulls well. I took it today to the Rolling Road and it was running 300BHP but running lean at the top end so Ive turned off the boost controller until I can find an ECU (looks like it had one but its been swapped back to standard), we also had her up in the air and I cant find any rust and no bad knocks bangs etc.

The only bad things so far are -
Passenger door not locking, which has come alive with a little fiddling with the drivers door switch.
No Radio, and when Ive fitted one yesterday I found it has no brackets or bolts etc behind the dash but hopefully ill find some soon.
Shed loads of Speaker wire and Amp cables which has now been removed (She must have been Blinged at some point).
Usual MOMO steering wheel etc but its growing on me and its been retrimmed in black leather looking stuff which I would have hated but its quite a tidy job.
And the trackings in need of correction.

Anyone got any history of her because thats the biggest risk it came with virually none.

J173JUY.

GT-Khy-R

Hi pal,

Congrats on your new car, i seen this for sale at some point last year too.

How much do you want for the wheels?

PM me if you want some 17"s iv got 2 sets on both my pulsars.

gbedwardsd

I'm gonna hold off selling them until I find some different ones I like. I'd like to try some kinda mini light style ones if anyone's seen any pictures with some more old school looking ones let me know. Or I might just refurb these in silver? Anyway im not in a rush but I do want an Apexi power fc fairly handy seems a shame I can't get the best out of her before my first attempt of defeating my mates m3 on an imminent trackday...

gbedwardsd

Awesome I thought she felt like a good one. What was this Megamods? A tuner? I cant seem to find them on google? Would i be wishful thinking to hope some internal work had been done aswell? And the gearbox seems really unusual to my last aswell I dont know if its just got one of these short shift kits or what...

Is there anyone near Chester area that would be able to have a really good look over her and try and work out what has been done?
I could do with touching base with a garage thats experienced in these to keep her in top condition and well serviced also?