on going missfire issue *help*

huu-raa

right ever since i have had this GTiR ive had a missfire problem the missfire can be heard at idle and is promiant @ 1400rpm you can hear it more if you lift the revs slightly.

i have changed the plugd and gapped them
i have changed the leads for new ones
i have changed the dizzy cap for a new one
i have changed the rotor arm for a new one
i have fitted a new walbro fuel pump
i have fitted a new fuel filter

might not seem like a bad missfire as its at idle and 14000rpm but when driving its very noticable like its struggling . ive also replace the DET sensor and fault code 34 was up i have since cleared the code and its showing code 55 (all clear)

im really stuck on how to cure this to be honest so any help would be great, i am going to re earth my MAF but doubt if its goona solve this issue as this is a nightmare to me now lol

huu-raa

ive never messed with it but hte DET sensor was away when i bought it so maybe timming was advanced to suit???

Maybe worth pulling the rocker cover off matey and check the timing is all spot on, and the timing marks on the pully`s are spot on.
As you have changed everything else, and still ahve the same problem.
Have you done a compression check? as this will show if theirs any compression differences between the cylinders, should roughly get about 150psi across all 4.

huu-raa

will get to a compression test but didnt wana think the worst as its just a missfire lol

any other things to try?

also any advice on checking the timming? how to ect? just marks ok pullys

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Could it be a lack of fuel ? May be worth getting your injectors cleaned and tested cos if one's blocked/stuck/dribbling etc then that could give the same problems ?

GTIR-LOZ

its best to remove them then send them to a proper place that can clean them, that fuel additive stuff takes a while to work (if it works atall)