Omex over power fc

1&onlygti-r

Does anyone no if the omex management system is much better than the power fc. im looking at getting omex 710 but already have apexi power fc as i keep hearing that the power fc is no good for 500+ bhp

kirko

1&onlygti-r said:
Does anyone no if the omex management system is much better than the power fc. im looking at getting omex 710 but already have apexi power fc as i keep hearing that the power fc is no good for 500+ bhp

power fc is perfectly fine for 500 bhp which i doubt you have :roll:
rc developments run 930 bhp with a power fc ;-)

F

Fusion Ed

They probably use a D-jetro verson. Omex is good however.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Its not that the PowerFC is no good over the 500bhp mark its the MAF... You can stretch the MAF resulotion but thats really not the best way to go about it...

MAF's are great things for normal power but not much good if you want silly power...

Now there isn't a D-Jetro version of the RNN14 PowerFC but i do know someone who recons they could get the 200SX D-Jetro to work with the GTiR with some wiring alterations etc...

OMEX is good... I'm personally using the AEM which was built by GEMS i believe...

Rishi

1&onlygti-r

omex is built by gems as well i think, i think omex is the way i need to go as im looking for 500 to 550 bhp and i want to get rid of the afm

Rishi

Just make sure you know someone who can map it to its full potential before you buy...

Rishi

P

powerfreack

dont the aem ecu get rid of the maf

theres olso motec which is a good ecu but not cheap

Rishi

powerfreack said:
dont the aem ecu get rid of the maf

theres olso motec which is a good ecu but not cheap

Yes the AEM uses the MAP sensor

IMO the AEM is just as good as the Motec and you don't need to pay to unlock features...

Rishi

F

Fusion Ed

E-manage ultimate can also get rid of MAF, its a reasonable bit of mapping however, but still alot cheaper than a standalone. BTW I see no reason why the D-jet 200SX power FC could not be modified to the GTIR. I was speaking to Ashills about this a while ago, in principle its simple.