ok to drive

murdocsunny

guys have no experience but wud it be bad to drive with a really smokey turbo or turbo that was on its last legs have to drive it nearly 500 miles to brother in law who is goin to store it for me as i head off for a while so out of interest just want to know wud it damage the engine or worse

murdocsunny

see thats wat im tryin to find out would it do 2 much damage kinda of stuck cant afford to transport it there as its on the way for me so any views at all guys its just smokey at the min and she is running a litle shitty as a result

Dangerous Dave

Are you sure its your turbo and not a ring?? If you keep it off boost its not going to be working as hard altho i wouldnt fancy driving 500miles in it.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You could set fire to the car. I know that from experience. I drove a car 5miles after the turbo went big style and when I got home and checked under the bonnet, the oil leaking from the turbo core had actually caught fire on the outside of the turbo.

catchmeifyoucan01

i would say its too risky the turbo could break up and be sucked into your engine and that would be the end of then! its not worth it.