Oil temperature

john4688

I noticed the other day that my oil temp gauge was allover the place! I asume the sensors failed now! Dose the sensor run anything else or just the gauge?

P

pulsarboby

has the probs been sorted on your car yet john, or are you still having troubles?

john4688

Nope this garage have told me they can't sort it either! It seems more trouble than it's worth! Not sure were to take it next or just break it! Any surgestians?

P

pulsarboby

if you had been closer then i would have suggested you bring car to me and i would have sorted it for you, but at the mo were fully booked till december time!

i think if i were you i would either bring the car to someone like ed (fusion motorsport) in surrey and let him take a look at the map on it as it could well be a mapping problem.
or failing that
stick a standard afm on it and ecu and see if it runs all ok with those fitted. if so then its definately either a wiring fault with the z32 or a mapping problem.
just cant believe that no ones been able to sort this out down your end:roll:

john4688

It was fine untill the apexi went on! I will speak to fusion and get them to take a look! If it comes to it I will have to wait and come to you

CanadianR

bump - what does the stock engine like to run at on the highway when it is hot (25-30*C) outside? Mine is between 90-95 degrees. Is this ok?