oil temp and oil pressure

bopper

Right ive got some new gauges to put in my car, oil pressure and oil temp was wonderin if this is an easy job, wots involved????

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Wouldn't it have been a good idea to have thought about that BEFORE you bought them :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

peterkiwi

ok the oil pressure sender is just beside the oil filter needs a 17mm spanner and the oil temp sender is beside that think its a 12 or 14mm spanner. Not a bad job if your fairly handy on the tools, spanner will only have enough room to move 1/4 turn or less at a time. Also do the job when engine cold as some oil will come out of both holes. Check thread of both new sensors if the have like a sealant of some sort all good if not put a very small amount of plumbers tape of equivalent thread sealer on. Be careful not to block the hole or put too much on. Good luck!

G

GTI-R Kid

Are you hoping to keep the original gauges working IN ADDITION to the new gauges?

geoff pine

What size and pitch are the threads and how did you fined this out as im looking to replace both of these on mine.

geoff pine said:
What size and pitch are the threads and how did you fined this out as im looking to replace both of these on mine.

Did you find out as i'm wanting to replace all the standard gauges but not sure what will fit and how?

Thanx, Ben