Oil squirters of JE or CP forged pistons

neo2694

Hello all,

Anybody know if it's necessary for CP or JE forged pistons to clear the lower oil squirters?

Have you pictures?

Many thanks

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
neo2694 said:
Anybody know if it's necessary for CP or JE forged pistons to clear the lower oil squirters?
It's necesary for all pistons to clear the oil squirters or they knock them off.

Did you mean necessary to be machined to clear the oil squirters?

O

Odin

I think the Cp's might be Short enough to clear anyway with out modding, They where defo a lot shorter than my stock pistons. But I would still check them very carefully.

Rob

stumo

I had no clearance problems with my CP's but like Odin said, you should check it anyway.

CruiseGTi-R

If you order the JE Pistons direct from one of their US suppliers they have a specific piston for our engine, which includes the notches for the oil squirters.

P

pulsarboby

cp pistons and wiesco will definately clear the squirters, but not sure on other makes

neo2694

Who can I contact from USA to have specific pistons which includes the notches for the oil squirters?

Also, How can I clear the squirters? Have you pictures or other?

Thanks

P

pulsarboby

as above matey! they dont need engineering.
ericsperformanceparts on ebay! they will fit.

neo2694

pulsarboby said:
as above matey! they dont need engineering.
ericsperformanceparts on ebay! they will fit.
I have seen he sell CP and JE pistons! This is JE or Cp pistons which don't need engineering?

Thanks for yours answers

O

Odin

neo2694 said:
I have seen he sell CP and JE pistons! This is JE or Cp pistons which don't need engineering?

Thanks for yours answers

The CP pistons shouldn't need machining to :thumbsup: .

Rob

neo2694

'
Odin said:
The CP pistons shouldn't need machining to :thumbsup: .

Rob
Pulsarbody says : cp pistons and wiesco will definately clear the squirters, but not sure on other makes

I'm waiting the answers of EricsPerformance if he have to sell pistons with clear oil squirters for gti-r.

neo2694

Ericsperformance parts says me :

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""
We have the CP Pistons that will clear the oil squirters. The CP
Pistons do not have notches in them like the JE's do becuase the skirt
on the CP is shorter than the JEs, which also makes them a bit
lighter.

Let me know if you want to get a set of the pistons.

"""""""""""""""""""""

Can you confirm it please?

Thanks

P

pulsarboby

thats correct, the cp skirt is shorter, if i were you i would go for the cp pistons over je, but thats just my own personal preference, and i think they are cheaper aswell. very durable and proven good pistons.

neo2694

Ok, thank you. I think I will take it.

But I don't know if I take it in 86mm or 86.5mm 8.5.1 ?!

Gti-r block have a nyckasil traitment, and if I will buy 86.5mm, I must to rebuild the block and lost this traitment.

What do you think about it?

P

pulsarboby

its entirely upto you, if the bores are good then stick with the 86mm pistons, but if in doubt then get the bores checked by an engineer.

the compression ratio is down to personal choice, i opted for 9:1 comps with a thicker head gasket, but my car wont see anything below 3,500 rpm as it will be used primarily on circuit, 'although still road legal'
but for a car used mainly on the road, then i would go for 8.5.1 ratio with a 1.2mm head gasket.
really does depend on what you want to use the car for!

KF79GTIR

neo2694 said:
I use my car on the road. So, I will use pistons 8.5:1!

Where I can find a 1.2mm head gasket?
erics shop:doh: you will get roasted for that sort of question in the future!