Oil seperator/catch tanks

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
What do the insides of the aftermarket ones (forge, cusco e.t.c.) look like, how do they seperate the oil/air vapour. I want to start making alloy/stainless ones but need to know how any of them differ and if any are better than others.

Any help would be good

A

Anonymous

stevepudney said:
What do the insides of the aftermarket ones (forge, cusco e.t.c.) look like, how do they seperate the oil/air vapour. I want to start making alloy/stainless ones but need to know how any of them differ and if any are better than others.

Any help would be good
are you implying that you don`t know how they work and you want us to help you COPY other manufacturers products that we have spent good money buying :shock: :shock: :shock:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
No, I know how they work, I'm saying, for those of you with after-market ones do they work well, do they remove all oil traces from the inlet tract and what would you change about them if you could i.e. configuration of pipes e.t.c. I'm trying to create a concept that works specifically well with the R', do we want a catch tank or a separator that returns the oil to the sump.
This will ultimately benefit the people who don't have an after-market one yet as I will be making these on a small scale to supply just to other R' owners.

A

Anonymous

stevepudney said:
No, I know how they work, I'm saying, for those of you with after-market ones do they work well, do they remove all oil traces from the inlet tract and what would you change about them if you could i.e. configuration of pipes e.t.c. I'm trying to create a concept that works specifically well with the R', do we want a catch tank or a separator that returns the oil to the sump.
This will ultimately benefit the people who don't have an after-market one yet as I will be making these on a small scale to supply just to other R' owners.
oil seperators all work on the same principles of baffle plates or centrifugal force.they will all work the same and you only need a "T" piece with a few pieces of hose for either configuration.

if it`s all connected up correctly there shouldn`t be any difference between a return to the sump or return to a catch tank.