Oil separator pipework.

Swampy

Hi All, Quick question, i,ve got a Forge oil separator fitted to my car and i was wondering if you need a pipe going to the air intake pipe from the separator :?:

As some people do and some dont, any help would be appreciated to clear this in my head :wink:

Can you tell me the reasons why either way :wink:

Cheers.

A

AJ4

Your supposed to have the pipe there if you have a seperator, so that all the oil fumes are sucked into the intake and burnt, but a lot of people remove this as oil fumes also lower the octane rating of your fuel and can cause det / coating the inside of the intercooler which lowers its efficiency / gums up the throttle bodies etc etc.

You can block off the pipe on the inlet and have the seperator pipe going to a seperate bottle to catch the oil, but it kinda defeats the object of having a seperator...

Mine is removed altogether and oil fumes are vented to fresh air... I reckon a teaspoon of oil a week is cheaper to replace than rebuilding a blown engine ;)

Its a bit naughty really as you should have some kind of vacuum on the bottom end though, as it helps make more power...

J

jiw

hi mate, one to the cam cover and one into the drain on the block should do it, ive blanked the downward pointing pipe off on the forge kit and left the bottom pipe venting to the atmosphere, failing that you could pipe it up like GARTRAC has on his and consume a litre or so of oil in the catch tank before draining anything back to the sump :roll:

So much for being a Nissan Hiteq technician, must make a good brew :lol:

A

Anonymous

Hi

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the advice Bud. :wink:

And for the other :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)