oil pumps

jjs

hi is there a service kit available , for the oil pump, has any one rebuilt there oilpump, is it worth the hassle, or are you better of buying a new one ?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
if rebuilding the oil pump just buy the 2 rotors from Nissan or if you do want to go the expensive route you can buy the complete pump (whole engine front cover which includes the pump) from Erics Performance on Ebay. Personally I'd just get the new rotors from Nissan.

P

pulsarboby

buy a new one from erics on ebay, there about £150 complete with casing etc.
the service parts, rotors etc are about £100 from nissan but if the casing is scored badly then its a waste of time buying the rotor kit.

snoon

You can also get them from frsport.com as I did - $270 delivered. Ordered it Friday, got it Monday.

John

Good luck getting the rebuild kit from Nissan, both Nissan Perth and Stirling denied it even existed when I tried to get one. Had to order one from Nissan Birmingham haha!

Only put my rebuild back another 2 weeks...on the plus side its the only thing I need for it to be complete!

IrishDan

so the oil pump is not a sealed unit then??
Does this meen i can take one thats been in car with con rod bearing gone and open it up and check for the little metal fileings???

jjs

yes you can remove the rotor / gears , and strip the pump for ispection, would have to be realy sure there is no bits left, should be clean as the course strainer in the sump shjould catch most bits before going to the pump, Jim

jjs

yes you can remove the rotor / gears , and strip the pump for ispection, would have to be realy sure there is no bits left, should be clean as the course strainer in the sump shjould catch most bits before going to the pump, Jim i know some people have just replaced the conrod bearings, as long as the conrods, or crankshaft , werent damaged , cleaned out the sump, used a flushing oil, then replaced the oil, and the cars been fine without striping anything else,

vss irvine

for anyone buying a new complete oil pump, be aware that you should check the pump casing is not sitting proud of the block as this could hold the cylinder head up ( not by much, but check it anyway)

if it is proud, have it decked.