Oil pressure

P

pulsarmick

:eek:k: Hi all thanxs again for the help now just a quick one is my oil pressure ok when cold its over 4 and when fans have cut in so its nice and warm its at just over 2 its was the same even with the old oil in engine sounds ok did dont want to have problems many thanxs for all the help i have had before

nimhbk

as long as the needle goes up and down i was told not to worry...plus centre dials are cr8p they read totaly different to my hks one's,
if you think/worry to much much on these cars you will spend a small fortune,

N

Nik_GTI-R

When mines is cold its up at 6,sometimes 7.
When its warm its at 2 on idle.When under load its up at 4.

P.S im very surprised this thread hasnt been deleted in favour of the search function.

Trondelond

nimhbk said:
if you think/worry to much much on these cars you will spend a small fortune,
That's a very good point! If I was to chase every strange little noise my car makes, I wouldn't have much time left.

WUZ

Surely Oil pressure Hot and Cold depends on the age and thickness of the oil ie, 10/40 will have a lower hot and cold pressure than a 15/50?

Russell

mprice501

Today my car starts up at 4 then just keeps creeping up to between 6-7 is this anything to worry about? :? normally it starts at 4 then goes down to 3 then moves up when i boot it!

mprice501

just to update you the oil pressure seems to be back to normal now, i usually start the car up in the morning and let it warm up for a few mins before setting off but i had the missus with me for the last two days and she wasnt willing for me to wait so as a result the pressure stays high on the gauge. :-D