oil pressure

ohc_turbo

i recently changed the clutch on my car myself, everythink went ok, somehow i think the car feels more sluggish than it was? bottom end power seems down and i aint getting the high pitched flutter that i used to but its still fast? but then again i dont think i could tell if it was down by 15bhp odd

ontop of this which is my main issue is that i noticed my oil pressure was really low, checked the oil, fine, no smoke at all, no oil in water or vica versa, everythings fine

what it seems to be doing is when i start it up from cold, good oil pressure, like it used to be, after about 15mins of driving the pressure gets worse? turn the car off for 5 mins and pressure gets better. i have noticed once that when the pressure is low and i still drive it for some time it seems to get a bit better??

maybe its coincedance but could i have dome the clutch ie took it all apart and somehow when it was all done with a bit of spirited driving the oil has broke down?

has anyone had this problem before? im thinking a oil change wouldnt go amiss but i only done it about 2500 miles ago:? and to get rid of the stock oil gauge

Last edited:

youngsyp

Sounds more like a dodgy sensor or wiring maybe ?!

I'd start there and check the sensor near the oil filter and all associated wiring.

You didn't knock the sump when you dropped the engine ? Did you drop the engine ? You might have damaged the strainer of something if you did ?!

Just seems a bit odd that the pressure can fluctuate by the things you're doing ?! I.e. turning off the car then starting it back up to get higher pressure.

Partial blocked strainer maybe ?!

ohc_turbo

i done the clutch change with the engine in without dropping it but i dont know if its the same as youres but at the rear of the engine theres all the wiring and pipes to stuff like the oil pressure sender, the aac valve and slow runnnig stuff, i did have to move this stuff about to disconnect stuff, it seems to me its more than a coincedance.

happend again though at lunch, drove home which took 15-20 mins and good oil pressure, parked it up, came back to it 30mins later and the pressure was guf, had to drive it to work and it was like 3 clicks from the bottom of the gauge, prob like 10psi!

making m a bit worried tbh as im a veteran of big ends going in nissan engines and dont want it happnening to my little baby :sad:

i think im going to do a emergency oil/filter change tonight and see if that helps

youngsyp

ohc_turbo said:
i done the clutch change with the engine in without dropping it but i dont know if its the same as youres but at the rear of the engine theres all the wiring and pipes to stuff like the oil pressure sender, the aac valve and slow runnnig stuff, i did have to move this stuff about to disconnect stuff, it seems to me its more than a coincedance.

happend again though at lunch, drove home which took 15-20 mins and good oil pressure, parked it up, came back to it 30mins later and the pressure was guf, had to drive it to work and it was like 3 clicks from the bottom of the gauge, prob like 10psi!

making m a bit worried tbh as im a veteran of big ends going in nissan engines and dont want it happnening to my little baby :sad:

i think im going to do a emergency oil/filter change tonight and see if that helps
I'd have a good rummage around with all the connector near and on the oil cooler. Clean them all up and see if that changes anything !

peterkiwi

I'd be getting a external gauge fitted on where the sender is screwed into from a good garage or engine builder friend etc. Its the only way to know what the pressure is doing. just tape it to the windowscreen and go for a spin. Those original sender-gauges are really not reliable.
Doing that clutch in place is some **** of a job ah!