Oil pressure question!

RO_SUNNY

Hi guys / gals.

Finally I have managed to start the engine and I let it run until the oil and water went to 90 C deg.

The pressure at approx. 900 rpm (standard idle)

At 2000 rpm.

At 3500 rpm.

Please note that the oil is 10w40 (just for a little bit of engine cleaning....when I will do the MOT I will put 15w50).....and also because of my overfuelling problems it smells like gasoline.

What do you guys think???

Thanks,

Bogdan

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It's above what the manual states, so shouldn't be a problem. 15w50 will probably raise the pressure some more.

Sort your over fuelling as if the oil smells that bad you're probably getting bore wash and slowly damaging the engine.

RO_SUNNY

Thanks Fast guy.

Overfuelling problem is sorted now (I think so)..........the problem were the spark plugs which are NGK Iridum grade 8.
I just replaced them with standard copper cored plugs....and the engine works smooth and silky. (A BIG THANK YOU TO TRIP!!!!).

Anymore advices you guys?

danr

my pressure was doing the same. replaced oil filter with nissan one and changed oil to millers xss 10w40 and now it's all well.
had a small leak from old filter too, dont think it was tightened on properly by garage i had do it before!
also if filter is old and blocked, then if the safety bypass valve opens (small ball bearing iirc on housing) the pressure will drop too.

RO_SUNNY

I have seen on gtirworkshopmanual that the pressure at idle should be above 1 bar and at 3200 rpm betwee 3.5 and 4.5 Bar.

That means that mine is spot on?

RO_SUNNY

There is nothing wrong with your oil pressure,in fact it is very good. that engine is very very good.
Yeah Danny I know..........but I was a little bit scared because of the overfuelling problems which I had ( bore wash and all of that).

Anyway I have changhed the oil 3 times without making a mile:)):))...............that's because I was affraid that I will destroy it because of the bore being washed all the time with fuel.

Danny.........thanks for the input (I know that you are a nice fella !)

Cheers,

Bogdan

pulsarmoley

Im running 10w40 and my oil gets as low as 2bar but never above 5bar even when high in the rev range. I hope its just because its a cheapish oil. Will be getting some 10w50 in her soon.

johnsy

i was hard driving on track yesterday and dont recall it going over 4 bar, and that 10w-50,

johnsy

no dents or out. i think is leaking a little from the sump and maybe the filter, mybad, but what should it be at full chat,