oil / messy

mattygti-r

looking at jimmys car today and there was lots of oil comming out of the bov pipe, and i dont mean a little bit but quite a bit, was sneezijn it over the filter/surrounding area etc

turbo is fine thou on the car, has had high boost thorou it but boosts up ok, oil level is fine (so im told) pipes intact, dotn smoke :?:

Keira

disconnect the pipe that goes back to the inlet duct and and block it off, stick that hose in a ginga style catch tank. i.e fizzy pop bottle :lol:

There will be no way oil can recirculate into the inlet.

Get the standard seperator off and clean, flush it out, clean intercooler out, and see what happens, like GTIRich says you'll be lucky if it is just that, could be though my mates car was like it until he cleaned everything up

have you looked at inlet side of tubby for oily sh!te ???

is it burning oil :?:

mattygti-r

its not burning oil just normal oil being sneezed out but in big quanities basically

his got a catch tank going on

but as you think its something else, :oops:

you did run it on high boost for a while thou didnt ya mate :lol:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Almost definately fooked piston or pistons. To much pressure in the crankcase causes the oil to blow out.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Basically when working properly the pistons create nearly all compression above the rings and some in crank case and the pressure in the crankcase is expelled via the various breathers.
When a ring land or 2 has broken it will be allowing air to leak down into the crank case, this extra pressure has to escape somehow and will take oil with it, allot of it will be unseen and going through the standard oil separator and draining back into the crankcase but a certain amount will be being blown into the inlet pipework and in turn out the blow off valve.

A

Anonymous

The engine oil will find it really hard to get back into the engine. If the pistons have gone & it starts to piss oil out the engine, the oil will go straight out the dump pipe.

Reason: Because the exhaust impeller (which is below) in the turbo will blow the oil straight out the dump pipe & in to the exhaust.

definetley sounds like the turbo has blown its seals, thats the only way oil can be trasferred back into the intake system.
when the turbo seals blow the oil is pushed into the engine via in the intake impeller.

I'd definetley take the turbo off & check the seals or take it to a workshop.
If the oil keeps gettin its way into the engine you should find its pinging or detonating because oil is getti :twisted: ng into the combustion chamber & lowering octane & you don't want that. It could end in tears & smashed pistons

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
If the seals had gone on the turbo or a ring land has gone by rights the car would be smoking on gear changes after boost

I still say it's a ring land or 2 thats gone.

Keira

run the car with the dipstick removed and see if oil starts spurting out the hole or if you can hear or feel any air coming up the tube.

This should show any crankcase pressure problems, also you should have oil p!ssing out the breathers if this is the case, speak to discodave he's getting good at breaking standard pistons and having leaky turbos :oops: :lol:

JIMMYBACK

kieron said:
run the car with the dipstick removed and see if oil starts spurting out the hole or if you can hear or feel any air coming up the tube.

This should show any crankcase pressure problems, also you should have oil p!ssing out the breathers if this is the case, speak to discodave he's getting good at breaking standard pistons and having leaky turbos :oops: :lol:
thats naughty kieron wait till daves sees this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and also why does dave like being called a knob :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keira

dont ask me he's abit strange like that :lol:

Actually, i'll think you find he doesn't like being called a nob but nevermind, makes me laugh anyway :wink:

sorted the car yet ???