oil led

Z

ziaddirani

hello guys,
i need help in this,
when i turn on my car, the oil pressure goes to 7-8 bar, after 1-2 minute my oil led turns on.while driving it blinks,when still it is always on, when i brake during driving it turns off for about a 1 sec and then on again. i changed oil pressure sensor and oil filter, still the same.During driving when i step on it oil pressure is above 7-8+ bar.
any help plz..

P

pulsarboby

you have more than likely either got a fault with the oil pressure sender switch (change it)
if problem is still there then the oil pressure relief valve in the pump will be jammed and not regulating pressure!

7-8 bar is way way too high, it may even be higher as the gauge only goes to 8 bar!
you will end up blowing the weakest oil seal on the engine and spewing oil everywhere, more than likely the oil filter seal, if your lucky!

Z

ziaddirani

i changed the switch.. i guess will check if the relief valve has a problem..but will this make the oil led blink..thx

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Is there enough oil in the engine.

Fit a mechanical oil gauge so you can see if the pressure is ok. If it iis, then it's either the oil presure sensor for the light or the wiring from it.

Z

ziaddirani

guys, problem solved it was the wiring which made the led turn on and give the fault pressure..by the ways i have a 1/4 drag competion on saturday and iam the only gtir...do u recommend 14 inches or 15 inches tires for the drag..and does some liquid nitrous poured in the gas tank give me some benifits..

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
ziaddirani said:
do u recommend 14 inches or 15 inches tires for the drag..and does some liquid nitrous poured in the gas tank give me some benifits..
1)It realy depends on the tyre make/width/profile rather than the diammeter of the wheel.

2) I've never heard of that one before:shock: I'd expect it to either boil off and pressurise the tank and end up probably blowing something.