oil leak

P

pulsarboby

what a b@stad:evil:
just run the car up today after surgery lol, and got a bl00dy oil leak right at the union on top of the 3071 turbo:sad: its the only one you cant get at without removing the whole thing again!
worse still i had it booked in to be mapped at fusion eds tomorrow, so wont be able to make that now, and to top it all its heaving down rain here:sad:
not been this peed off for a long time, any of the other buggering unoins i could have got at.
think someone up there is doing their damndest to stop me doing my trackday on friday and japfest on saturday:cry: :cry: :cry:

O

Odin

TuT TuT a good oily rag would of checked that joint properly matey :doh: :roll: , You only have one person to blame and that's your fine self :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

P

pulsarboby

yep thats so true:sad:
it was tight but must of somehow worked its way loose when fiddling with pipes to engine block, just gutted ive got to take it all off again, cant even see it let alone get a spanner on the fooking thing.

i knew something like this would happen, it always does when everythings left to the last knockings, i should have sorted all this ages ago, so im now gonna give myself a right good kicking:sad:

O

Odin

pulsarboby said:
yep thats so true:sad

Don't worry I've done the same thing myself :doh: :oops: , It's a right b@stard to get to, I've even got a special bent spanner just to get on the bl00dy thing :lol: :lol: .

This is one of the reasons I went for a top mounted manifold/turbo set up this time, Just so I can get at it if need be ;-) .

Rob

ashills

bad luck matey im due to run mine so im dreading the same thing happening as im using the standard pipe so hope its sealed ok

P

pulsarboby

hooray! theres hope yet, as eds managed very kindly to re-book me for wednesday, BIG THANKYOU to ed;-)

got the ass with car today, and im bl00dy soaked, so will leave till tomorrow, when im in a better mood and less likely to cause further damage.

lets hope yours is ok alan, so easy to make one slight balls up which costs another few hours labour, and time is one thing neither of us have at the moment:doh: especially as im heading down to castle combe on thursday!

P

pulsarboby

sorted the oil leak, took car for a run and everything seems okekoke, so off down eds tomorrow to get it mapped (at last)!
ive actually done 110 miles now since i rebuilt engine 4 months ago:shock:
its still running on 15w/40 mineral oil:lol:

on hard cornering have noticed that my tracking is out, as its squealing like a garotted pig round the twisties, (after swapping suspension to leda coilovers) i will come a cropper on track for sure unless i get it sorted tomorrow as well as mapping!