Oil leak on turbo!!

houghy_1

For about a month ive had a few drips of oil under my car coming off my turbo.
Then last week it seems to of started pissing out so its now off the road.

Ive just taken off the turbo and manifold and i cant tell if its the oil inlet on the turbo thats been leaking or if there are other seals,
like in the tubby for instance,that have gone.
HELP!!!

Dooie Pop Pop

look for the highest wet point, there's an oil feed in the top of the central section of the turbo and the drain ' s on the bottom with a diamond shaped flange.
check the drain hose for splits or replace for peace of mind :wink:

stu

houghy_1

Tried that and all i could tell was that there was oil leaking,couldnt tell exactly where from.
Just wanted to know if it was common for the oil inlet tube to fracture or if there is some sort of internal turbo seal that goes???

Dooie Pop Pop

houghy_1 said:
Tried that and all i could tell was that there was oil leaking,couldnt tell exactly where from.
clean it off properly and do it again then :roll: get someone else to start the car, you watch :wink:

O

Odin

it's most proberly the top oil feed as they can come loose, I just did mine yesterday and is quite tricky to get too.

I had to bend a brand new 12mm spanner to get it on :cry: .

Get some break cleaner and spray it on the centre bit of the turbo (when cold) to get it nice and clean, I would then lift the car up on stands and lay underneath with it running so you can get a good look at the turbo.

Also clean it from below as well before you start :wink:

rob