Oil filter

PulsarLee

Hi everyone,

Looking at changing the oil filter on my r this weekend........ can anyone suggest where I can pick a filter up from quickly and if you know the part number even better :)

Halfords??:oops:

Thanks,,lee

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It's an oil filter... you buy it, put it on, run the car, and when you change the oil you throw it away.
There's not much difference between any of them if you open them up, so just buy one and stop fussing.

Trip

true true true.

But I bought the K&N for piece of mind. I have already went to a local auto parts shop and they sold me a filter which is very small compared to what i had.. when I asked him, he said these days thats how they are all coming.

My reasoning was, a smaller filter has a small/poor filtration area, so i went for big :)

shroom

It's an oil filter... you buy it, put it on, run the car, and when you change the oil you throw it away.
There's not much difference between any of them if you open them up, so just buy one and stop fussing.

someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed? lol or stumo been giving you lessons hehe

very true though been gone through before so many times

PulsarLee

Thanks Pulsarmorley, ill give one of those a try.
always like to look at whats available rather than throwing any old crap on....;)

cheers

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Nope - no flaming; that's a good write-up and it shows that you don't always get a better filter by paying more for it.
I'm going to have to try to remember that part number.

geoff pine

Given that the Nissan one is the same as the one on a mica /primera so is easily available and is cheap anyway. Nissan it is for me if your saving Penny's why buy a gtir. :lol:

beany44

haha yeah even if i was really bored i dont think id do that, but just goes to show your only paying for the name instead of the quality of something