Oil Cooler

Ricky_GTi-R

Awrite guys im hopefully going to fit my oil cooler tomorrow, only problem is i have no idea where the hoses etc go, can anybody help me out? pics/diagrams would be excellent.

Cheers8)

Simmo

Dead easy mate,

Ive got a front mount on mine and it took about an hour to fit with me being lazy, mines fitted between the fmic and the rad.

- Take the fmic out
- Drill the holes on the strut bar behind where the fmic sits and bolt the oil cooler to the strut bar (Mines on the drivers side of the car)
- Run the hoses from the oil cooler over the top left of the engine and over the back
- Jack the car up so you can get to the oil filter
- Take the oil filter off
- Screw the oil cooler sandwich plate onto where the oil filter goes and then screw the oil filter onto the sandwich plate
- Screw the two oil cooler hoses onto the sandwich plate
- Fill up the oil taking into account that youll need extra oil as the oil run is now longer than before

I also did an oil change and replaced the oil filter while I was at it. I think the total amount of oil needed is 3.7 litres with the cooler but cant really remember :)

Cheers, Andy

O

Odin

Don't mount the cooler until you know how long your hoses are going to be, My cooler is mounted on the passenger side of the front bar, Because the hoses are quite long and that gave me the neatest hose run.

Also make sure you cable tie the hoses to the wiring loom on the side of the rocker cover otherwise they could end up damaged on the alternator pulley, Like mine where when I forgot to tie them up after removing my engine last time lol.

As far as oil goes just put the 3.7Lt's in then once it's up to temp top up till the level is correct.

rob