!!!!OIL CHANGE!!!!

S

Sonic699

Just bout to do an oil change on my R` Just wondering which oil is the best! Or if the best is like £1000 alitre a good one thats a good price !!

J

Jonny H

I use Silkolene Pro S.....never had any issues with it so far!

S

Sonic699

Oil Change

I was doing the oil change because on idle when the car had warmed up the oil pressure gauge was showing under 2 ????? I thourght it must have been because the oil was warn and was too thin when warm! But i have done the oil change and new oil filter and when warm its still dropping under 2 on gauge! But rises as normal when you drive and get up the revs ?? Any ideas ???

Dooie Pop Pop

Re: Oil Change

Sonic699 said:
I was doing the oil change because on idle when the car had warmed up the oil pressure gauge was showing under 2 ????? I thourght it must have been because the oil was warn and was too thin when warm! But i have done the oil change and new oil filter and when warm its still dropping under 2 on gauge! But rises as normal when you drive and get up the revs ?? Any ideas ???
dont worry about it :wink: unless you' ve notice a significant pressure drop it should be ok. if your worried do a compression and leakdown test :wink:
also the gauges and wiring themselves are a bit temperamental to say the least :wink:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
When that guage hits 0 then its bye bye engine... :shock:

Do the usual tests... Compression, Leak Down, etc...

What was your oil level like when the presure was this low... Also check for leaks... Even to the turbo....

As Stu says... the gauges can be off... Tap another gauge into the line and check again...

Rishi

S

Sonic699

I dont know exacly what it went 2 b4 but it never went lower than 2 on idle when warm! I have just been for a spin and after it got warm it dropped under 2 at the lights then when i got back park in carpark with turbo timer on and it just sat at 2 ??? What is it meant to sit at ??

S

Sonic699

is the £20 to sign up if so im going to just very skint at mo trying to run my R` were has my money gone !! I know foooooooooking petrol :evil: