oil catch tanks

C

caz

What is the benefit of these. Do they actually improve anything in a big way. Even Takakaira list Cosmetic advantages as one the plus points

Si..

your better off getting the seperator rather than the catch tank, i dont think theres a great deal off ££ difference. i turned up at steve's with the cusco catch tank and he made me send it back coz it's not what i needed, i'll flog you it if you want coz i've still got it. :wink:

C

caz

Havn't got the money or the need. (just like shiny things :D ) but there a group buy from SRB for quite cheap and I was just curious to know

Keira

I made my own catch tank, the breather filter cost more than the non specific stainless container ( coffee pot :wink: )... All in cost me about £20.

I've kept the standard seperator, just cleaned it out, the catchtank just collects any oily vapour that would otherwise being going straight into the inlet duct, my seperator is working better since it was cleaned but theres still some oil in the catch tank.

M

Mr Overboooost

kieron i saw mikes yesterday and it looks very nice 8)
(thanks mike for sorting out my oil cooler pipes yesterday you are a star :D )

who needs cusco when you've got tesco :?: :lol:

cheers
gary :)

B

briitts

Looking at getting a Greddy catch tank. which one do I need, the 9mm or 15mm?
Is that the size of the pipe?

G

GTI-R Kid

Britts i have a GReddy one at home. Can't remember offhand what size it is but i think its 15mm.

I'll check for you when i'm home at lunch and let you know. :wink: