oil casing

pulsar kid

Ive just removed my oil casing as replacing the gears for new ones and to do the mod of putting a washer under the spring of the reliase valve, but on inspection my cover has slight marking on it not bad more like discolour of the metal and when rubbing my nail over it can just feel/hear it,:cry:

So my qustion is can i use very very fine wet and dry and basically polish it out? or is it a new case jobbie?

oh and for referance its a 21day wait for the inner gear gog to come in from japan and the outer is a 6day from europe:doh:

warpspeed

try american ebay, i found a set of pump gears for $60 the other day, didn't save it otherwise i could have given you the item no but i just typed in nissan oil pump and trawled through, always on the lookout for mis-listed items ;-)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Ive just removed my oil casing as replacing the gears for new ones and to do the mod of putting a washer under the spring of the reliase valve, but on inspection my cover has slight marking on it not bad more like discolour of the metal and when rubbing my nail over it can just feel/hear it,:cry:

So my qustion is can i use very very fine wet and dry and basically polish it out? or is it a new case jobbie?

oh and for referance its a 21day wait for the inner gear gog to come in from japan and the outer is a 6day from europe:doh:
where is this discoloration exactly, is it in the part where the rotor gears fit or somewhere outside the gear enclosure ? the casing will have a certain amount of faint casting marks which could be discribed as discoloration all over it, inside and out.

If outside the rotor gear casing then don't worry, if inside and actually come into contact with the rotor gears then you will need a new/another casing.

P.S. how thick is the washer you fitted to the relief spring ? and under applied pressure does the valve move freely without binding ?

pulsar kid

i havnt done the washer mode yet this will be done when i replace the gears and rebiuld it, ill get some pics of the casing tonight.