oi feed/return

MarkTurbo

Which one are you talking about :?: The feed or the return :?:

If you're on about the standard oil return that bolts to the bottom of the turbo dont you have to file the holes in the flange out a bit to get them to fit :?:

O

Odin

That one in the pic is of no use to you at all :roll: , It wouldn't fit the oil inlet or the oil drain :roll: .

you muppet :roll: .

rob

JIMMYBACK

vpulsar said:
That one in the pic is of no use to you at all :roll: , It wouldn't fit the oil inlet or the oil drain :roll: .

you muppet :roll: .

rob
it just a visual representation as i couldnt find a piccy that i needed :roll:
i need a oil return.even if i filed out the holes the pipe hits on the casing :x :shock:

O

Odin

What turbo did you buy then :? , You should just have to elongate the standard return fittings holes and jobs a good en.

I do have an oil return that I bought from ATP turbo's but I didn't use it because I thought it would be to long :cry: .

rob

ashills

with the 3071 the standard oil return is no good as the gt30 housing is to big for original pipe run
i used a flange on the turbo with a straight piece of pipe then a bit of samco onto a copper bend and a copper to iron plumbing fitting in the block for it to bolt into

GTIR-LOZ

ive got one i made for the gtrs but never fitted its just a flange into a pipe i will take a pic and maybe it will fit?

O

Odin

ashills said:
with the 3071 the standard oil return is no good as the gt30 housing is to big
Well I've fitted the standard oil return pipe to my JGY BB 37R :? , It just needed a little modding to get it to fit ok. I'll admit I'd like to make a better job of it in the future but it worked ok for the last year :wink: .

I will be changing the whole set up soon with new oil lines and manifold when I've saved enough money, Vikki has decided not to take the job in Vancouver so my cars not being sold anymore 8) 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D .

Rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
vpulsar said:
ashills said:
with the 3071 the standard oil return is no good as the gt30 housing is to big
Well I've fitted the standard oil return pipe to my JGY BB 37R :? , It just needed a little modding to get it to fit ok. I'll admit I'd like to make a better job of it in the future but it worked ok for the last year :wink: .

I will be changing the whole set up soon with new oil lines and manifold when I've saved enough money, Vikki has decided not to take the job in Vancouver so my cars not being sold anymore 8) 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D .

Rob

Oi!... I tried to call you all afternoon... :(

Are you free tomorrow...?

Glad to hear you're staying... 8)

Rishi

ashills

maybe urs isnt as big 3071 as mine and gingas then lol
:D
good knows mate i was doing it at 2 in the morning so things probably looked wrong anyway lol

O

Odin

RishiGTiR said:

I was in all day fella :? :? , I am in tomorrow as well and Vikki is off sick as well so I'll be free of jess :wink: .

I'm going to be making my new inlet run as well seeing as the new pipe and hoses arrived today from demon thieves 8) :D .

Rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
vpulsar said:
RishiGTiR said:

I was in all day fella :? :? , I am in tomorrow as well and Vikki is off sick as well so I'll be free of jess :wink: .

I'm going to be making my new inlet run as well seeing as the new pipe and hoses arrived today from demon thieves 8) :D .

Rob

Sweet... I'll call you tomorrow... Although this weather will make for interesting driving...

Snow + BOOST = :twisted:

Rishi

GINGA

ashills said:
good knows mate i was doing it at 2 in the morning so things probably looked wrong anyway lol
The compressor housing on the 3071 is much larger than the one jgybb37r :wink:
I used the standard oil return line adapted with some cutting, bending and a suitable piece of rubber pipe.

A

Allan GTI-R

ashills said:
with the 3071 the standard oil return is no good as the gt30 housing is to big for original pipe run
i used a flange on the turbo with a straight piece of pipe then a bit of samco onto a copper bend and a copper to iron plumbing fitting in the block for it to bolt into
mine split recently and dropped 3 litres of oil onto the road.

I am definitely getting braided hose to make sure it doesn't happen again !

Dooie Pop Pop

GINGA said:
ashills said:
The compressor housing on the 3071 is much larger than the one jgybb37r :wink:
I used the standard oil return line adapted with some cutting, bending and a suitable piece of rubber pipe.
it does' nt look like major work to me :?

post a pic Jimmy :wink: