O2 probe

sypher

can some one clear this up for me please, as far as i'm aware the O2 sensor switches between 0.1 & 0.9 volts and as far i know EVERY car i've worked on before signals this (unless faulty), every thing from a civic, phase 2 punto and Alfa 3.2 V6's all signal between 0.1 and 0.9.... I THINK you guys said that u where getting readings upto 1.5 volts... can anyone post the manual page if got it

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I've just looked at the page and under data and reference values it says (engine is running and warmed up sufficiently) "0-Approximately 1.5V" That is at pin 19 on the ecu.

P

purplemonster

that muct be incorrect printed in the manual? it dose happen ?

my nissan gtir o2 sensor reads 0.1-.09v
i have tested it ,and replaced the old sensor with a universal aftermarket sensor ,and runs perfect .

ROBERT

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
purplemonster said:
that must be incorrect printed in the manual? it dose happen ?

ROBERT
True, it happens, but are you sure your's is the origional sensor still?

O

Olly

I know what ya mean but the Nissan Lambda sensor does work between -0 and 1.5 volts unlike most cars that work 0 to 1 volt. 8)

So purple monster exactly what was the reading and when idle or load etc fully warmed up? :lol:

A

AJ4

I've got a brand new ( Nissan part ) Lambda sensor that I have data logged over a period of weeks using my laptop - and its never went above 0.9 volts...

P

purplemonster

the sensor i removed from the car was the original nissan sensor,i cut the block connector off it and resoldered it on to the new sensor

robert

C

charlie

my o2 sensor looks as though it was replaced just before i bought the car.

however that was a while ago.... so whats the best way to clean it because its out of the elbow atm

andygtir

sorry to drag this up, but what should the o2 sensor be reading on idle?

when cold mines on around 0.8v iirc, but once warmed up it'll constantly fluctuate, dropping to 0v and then rise sharply to 1v before dropping again, it does this constantly. then if i switch the engine off and back on when its still warm the sensor output will read 0v for a while before starting to fluctuate again.

is it new o2 sensor time?

Paul R

nope thats quite normal, the ecu is trying to get around the correct sch... stcheometrei... steo.... I can't even pronounce it never mind type it, level 14.57:1 AFR, there.

The fluctuations are the delay from reading the value to the ECU trimming the fuel.

Also the most mine has read according to the PFC is 1.35v usless there is an earthing problem somewhere which is dragging the reference point up.

A

Anonymous

02 sensor

hi, i am new to all this, i have been told that my o2 sensor needs i was wondering is it important to replace, what does it do if anything or can it be just left alone

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If your O2 sensor need replacing, get it replaced or it'll cost you more in over fuelling (eventually) than it would to replace it. It'll also kill your performance and engine if you suffer borewash long enough.
Yes it's important as it's what the ecu uses to judge your fuelling and adjust accordingly.