Number plate location

S

smcnairn

Im thinkin of re-locating my number plate to the side..But im wondering which side to put it to, passenger side or drivers side?? I see the Alfa 156 and evos are passenger side. I find this strange as i thought it would have to be driver side to allow passing cars to view it? Does any one know any more about this????

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Andybtsn said:
Drivers side ;-)
Why ???

there is nothing writen in the DVLA reg's about it having to be on one particular side of the car.

If it were supposed to be on the drivers side wouldn't the Alfa 156's and evos of this world have to follow suit aswel.

Mine has been on the passenger side for the last 4 years and have never had any real bother.

A

Andybtsn

No, I meant I think it looks better on the drivers side, not that it has to be on the drivers side.

maz

i stuck mine on the drivers side just for the sake of it being seen easier, as the least excuse for the police to pull me over the better! dont want them opening pandoras box

Gray

I put mine drivers side as it would of blocked my cold air feed pipe on the passenger side.

CruiseGTi-R

Mine is central, then with a flick of a switch it travels on a little rail to the right hand side.

Rock on.

I am of course lying, but its something I'm seriously considering doing for the laugh of it.

Flick a switch and the plate moves to one side for boosted driving. Would look ****ing brilliant (and eye widening) to watch in a rear view mirror when I'm behind someone ready to overtake.

Flick, wwwiiirrrrr (moving plate), ppsssswhwhooooooshhh, flyby...

(I need my head examined, still gonna wanna have a go at it though, could also be linked to alarm c/l button so when parked it looks cool (central), when armed the fmic is in full view).

B

Big O

they do them on ebay for the rear plates press of a switch and it folds in a few of the skyline boys have them round my ways

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
You want both the front and back like the old James Bond ones and have them swivel at the flick of a switch to avioid the cameras :behindsofa:

A

AJ4

or or, how about, em, rocket launchers ! yes, rocket launchers that fire, um, oil ! to stop the police catching you ! :D

lol, I hate side mounted number plates, I prefer it in the middle :D

CruiseGTi-R

I prefer in the middle too - hence a moving plate to the side.

Perhaps linked into certain throttle position the plate swings accross.

(getting rediculous now).

S

smcnairn

CruiseGTi-R said:

Yeah a little over the top!:lol: think il just put it on the passengers side at least i know its legal.

paz

CruiseGTi-R said:

... which brings me neatly onto my next point.... don't smoke crack :lol: ;-)

Paz

(thanks for that quote go to 'waterboy' the film :lol: )