not too sure whats wrong

91_GTi-R

Hey i just finished putting the r together after 6 months of working on it i had the turbo rebuilt new intercooler upgraded fuel pump short ram intake and the list goes on.... the reason i started the build is because my car was sucking oil in threw the intake side of my turbo putting it into the engine so i had the turbo rebuilt and fired it up for the first time ran awesome smoked a bit and i expected that after all the smoke from months ago so i took the car out to where i was getting it painted and it smoked for a bit on the way out thn stopped all together which is awesome but when i pulled into the paint shop the oil light came on so i got out and checked and it was down a bit thn i checked today and its pretty well dry of oil im confused cause it wasnt smoking at all like it was burning oil i need help thanks
alex

I

irishjohn

do an oil pressure test on it and a compression and or leakdown test..this should point out any engine woes. good luck mate from canadian gtir owener to another.

gtir_pimp

check under the car for oil leaks with the engine running. i had a small problem when my turbo was changed like yours and it turned out that the oil pipe from the turbo wasnt quite tight so oil was dripping out onto the hot exhaust and burning.(hence the smoke) if its not this then you should be able to see where its coming from as it sound like its coming out fast!