not sure if this is worth a try but... Windscreen!

• Thread starter mynheers_a_pint
  • Start date
M

mynheers_a_pint

Hi All,

I'm not sure if it's worth giving it a go, but I need a windscreen to get my R through the MOT. I've tried asking the Garage to give me the benfit of the doubt as I would usually get it done through the insurance but I can't transfer the insuance until the car is road worthy as I still need to get to work. catch 22 situation. So, I'm taking the long shot that there may be a shell about to be scrapped that has good glass that could be removed without any issue and that could be either delivered, or collected (witin reason). A new one is £200 and with christmas and the continued spending on the bloody thing to jsut get it on the road, somethings got to give.

So let me know what you have!

Thanks!

jjs

shop around i got one fitted for £120.00 . it is very unlikely that you would be able to remove a second hand one without it breaking,

johnny gtir

the lads i used a4 windscreen removed mine removed a spare one and fitted it to mine came to my door for £50 but he mentioned i could of had a new one fitted for about £100 choice of blue or brownish tint at the top

Murff93GTiR

i have a donor car with a good windscreen,would need to get it removed but would prefer for it to be collected if thats at all possible for you.im in scotland,p.m if your interested