Not pulling after 4k rpm

A

Anonymous

Hey there everybody was looking for some help on a problem, last night i was racing an evo5 with my R and it was running ace i was right on his back bumper, after we had raced i left my car running. As i got in my car to drive away i tryed flooring it and it just kept poping when it hit around 4 and a half thousand rpm. If you run it up the revs slow it seems to be ok, any help would be appreciated.
wayne :cry:

A

Anonymous

wayne3210 said:
Hey there everybody was looking for some help on a problem, last night i was racing an evo5 with my R and it was running ace i was right on his back bumper, after we had raced i left my car running. As i got in my car to drive away i tryed flooring it and it just kept poping when it hit around 4 and a half thousand rpm. If you run it up the revs slow it seems to be ok, any help would be appreciated.
wayne :cry:
sounds like you've still got the std intercooler and suffered from a bit of heat soak.

A

Anonymous

Its not that cause iv got the forge front mount intercooler. I was speaking to someone who thought it might be the solinoid that controls the boost. :?

B

Brett G

Could be the spark plugs or leads etc?
Sounds alot like when my leads broke down :cry:

A

ale

i had a similar problem when the spark plug wells filled with water, water was entering through the bonnet vents and the top mount guided the water to the plugs! i no longer have a top mount and i no longer have this problem. hope this helps!

rayman75

i had a very similar problem yesterday, it turned out to be the spark plugs (3) was loose, took them out give'em a clean and away it went.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If it isn't the plugs (check the gaps too) then check your boost hoses for leaks/splits etc

J

Jonny_gti-r

Mines been doing the same thing, Guys at the rolling road told me the boost control solenoid wasn't working so it wouldn't boost after 4k just like yours!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It should be the wastegate that controls boost. The solenoid is used by the ecu to lower boost when it detects det (as far as I know)