nos

A

another sunny

i see on e bay some one is selling a nos kit for a pulsar. Has any one got one of these fitted, i saw one on a gtir a few years ago and wondered if they are any good and what problems you get with them, if any?:?

F

Fusion Ed

If its an american brand dont touch it unless you want trouble.

geetee

Only problem with US kits is getting the bottles refilled.

Sorry, don't know anything about NOS being used on a Pulsar, never seen it.

You may have better luck over on the Modifiers Club, the OC is a bit old school and tend to frown on "cheating" to get power gains :)

Cheers
Graham

JIMMYBACK

well i plan to use 100-150 shot when i have mine rebuilt but standard wise ive been told 30-50 bhp is the limit apparently:shock: :thumbsup:

MarkTurbo

Unless you're gonna use it just for drag racing i wouldnt bother, its pointless on a road car ;-)

That reminds me, when i was at the pod last weekend some nobber saw the braided fuel lines on my car and asked me what the nos was like thinking i had nitrous fitted :roll: :lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
geetee said:

You may have better luck over on the Modifiers Club, the OC is a bit old school and tend to frown on "cheating" to get power gains :)

Cheers
Graham
Ask Ginga he used it.

It always gets me when it's branded as cheating. What's a turbo or supercharger then. :nerner:
Normally aspirated is the only non cheating way if people are going to quibble about putting a compressed gas into the engine.;-)

GINGA

Works ok for dragging but is pointless on the road, you can buy the single jet kits pretty cheap but I don't think they get a equal mix of gas/fuel etc to each cylinder, so would be best with a direct port setup which is difficult on the R intake, its also best to have a controller aswell which once you've added it all up can cost £1500 :shock: which imho is better spent making more usable power eg better turbo etc

F

Fusion Ed

geetee said:
Only problem with US kits is getting the bottles refilled.

Cheers
Graham
Thats true most US bottles are illegal in the uk (to refill), however 99% of us kits have terrible (however nice looking) solenoids that are cheap but far from ideal.

forge400

hi

I have nos on my car it's realy good to get power straight away without lag. I use mine on road you should see the faces of the drivers in the ferraris when a sunny goes whooooooooooooooooosh past them.

kirko

forge400 said:
hi

I have nos on my car it's realy good to get power straight away without lag. I use mine on road you should see the faces of the drivers in the ferraris when a sunny goes whooooooooooooooooosh past them.

which nos kit do you have and how big are the jets what was it like to map with the nos

cheers
david

forge400

Hi

I am using the Wizard of N.O.S street blaster II/I kit with a 50 shot jet but will be getting a 100bhp shot soon. P.T.S mapped it with my Dastek as to when I switch it on and slap my foot down on the accelerator the Dastek retards my timing by 2 degrees. Oh yeh it's a Progressive system.